𝐗𝐗𝐈

You and Eren froze before slowly looking behind to see Mikasa, her eyes darting between you and him in confusion and suspicion

"What. Evidence?" She repeated, this time more sternly and more loudly causing the rest of the group to quiet down and put all their attention on you and Eren.

Fucking idiots Ymir thought as she clenched her jaw, a bit worried for you and Eren.

"Yo, what she talkin 'bout. Eren? Y/n?" Jean asked, sitting up straight.

It was amazing how you and Eren could keep your composure because the entire friend group could not, for the life of them, read you and his expression. You and Eren had on a firm, cold face so there was nothing to read.

Annie, who was quiet and thinking about earlier, also sat up straight and said, "What did you hear, Mikasa?"

Mikasa stared at you and then moved her gaze towards Eren. Eren let down his walls so Mikasa can get a peek and his eyes soften a little, pleading for her not to saying anything and that he'll explain later.

She hesitated and then looked at you, hoping that you would also let down your walls to see if you had the same reaction as Eren. But you didn't. You glared at her murderously and slightly shook your head. This stunned Mikasa, not once have you ever glared at her like that.

"Mikasa." Jean spoke up. "What. Did. You. Hear?"

"Nothing." She responded, her bored expression coming back full force. "I just heard them talking about the evidence against Floch."

Jean looked at her perplexed and asked, "Then why did you say it like that? Like you were angry?"

You softened your expression and lightly chuckled, "Doesn't she always talk like that, Jean-boi?"

Jean groaned and glared a you, seemingly forgetting what he was just thinking about, "Can you forget that already?!"

Eren also softened his expression, but not before giving Mikasa a stern look, and said, "Yeah, Jean-boi. You should show your mom some respect, horseface."

"What was that, suicidal bastard?!"

"You heard me, Jean-boi-"

You sighed in exhaustion before looking at Annie who was sitting a bit further away from the group, earbuds in and looking at her phone. You glanced at the others and then stood up before making your way towards her.

"Hi." You smiled, sitting beside her. Annie looked up from her phone and hesitantly responded, "...hi."

"Why the long face?" You frowned at her.