𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗

"Alright then, tell me, what do you have on the killer?" Erwin asked, setting up the board of evidence

"Alright then, tell me, what do you have on the killer?" Erwin asked, setting up the board of evidence. "Based on what you saw from the news." He quickly added.

"Well," You started, discreetly wiping away your sweat. "We know that the killer is a psychopath and will not stop until...she achieves her goal."

That was your first slip up. Your first rookie mistake.

Erwin raised his thick eyebrow and asked, "She? How do you know that the killer is a female? We never disclosed any information on whether the killer is a male or female."

"W-Well...uh." You gulped and looked at the others to see them looking at you with worry in their eyes.

"It's just a hunch." Eren quickly spoke up. Annie grabbed your hand from under the table and squeezed it in reassurance.

Erwin stared at you before slowly nodding, "..Well then, your hunch is correct. The killer is a woman."

You frowned in realization. Since Erwin already knew The Ripper is a woman, he must've brought your entire friend group and called them out because he wants to lure out The Devil.

Talk about killing two birds with one stone.

"You're more smarter than I thought." Erwin spoke up again, interrupting your thoughts. You looked at him to see him staring at you.

"Huh?" Eren muttered. "What does he mean, Y/n?"

Still staring back at Erwin, you answered, "He wants to lure out both killers. Which means he thinks said killers are in this building as we speak."

"But sir, I thought you said that you weren't targeting my friends..? You said you believed me, what changed?" Mikasa spoke up frantically.

Erwin crossed his arms and said, "Did you know that a couple of weeks ago a file of evidence build up over the years were stolen from this building in broad daylight? Hange was there, she says Hitch Dreyse was the one who planned it and stole the files, as well as the backup drive for it."

"For a second...I thought," He continued, now pacing around the room in a slow but calm manner. "Hitch Dreyse must be The Ripper. Because the woman Hange saw, had dirty blonde hair. But then all these evidence showed up, pointing left and right, up and down towards all these people and I got confused. So confused that we came up with nothing. We hit a dead end."

"But then..." He said loudly. "Then I remembered Hange told me something that day she was held with a knife to her throat. She said that there were two other people who were wearing a cop's uniform. I was confused yet again. All the other officers had been tranquilized and put to sleep, so how were these two officers up and about all healthy?"