𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

➼ "WELL, THIS ISN'T SUSPICIOUS AT ALL

"WELL, THIS ISN'T SUSPICIOUS AT ALL..." YOU MUTTERED TO YOURSELF, REACHING UP TO PULL YOUR BLACK HAT DOWN A LITTLE MORE TO COVER YOUR FACE--

You had to dress up in all black, of course that would actually make you stand out more but since it had began to rain earlier, it helped that you had on a hat and a black coat to cover yourself up.

"Cigarette?" Eren offered, stretching his hand out that held a red box of Marlboro cigarettes.

Silently, you reached up and took one out of the box, putting the cigarette in your mouth, Eren immediately taking out a lighter to light up the cigarette for you.

"I'm sorry."

Surprised, you glanced at him as you reached up to take the cigarette, holding it between your index and middle finger. You blew the smoke out from the corner of your mouth and said, "For what?"

Eren pursed his lips and avoided your eyes, "...You know what, Y/n." He took a drag from his cigarette before continuing, "I...shouldn't have said those things to you. Those...unforgivable things I said--"

"Stop right there." You interrupted, now halting in your steps making Eren also stop on the sidewalk. You looked at him in the eyes and simply said, "I forgive you." before continuing your journey to go find Levi.

Eren widened his eyes in shock before jogging to catch up to you. He grabbed your shoulders, momentarily stopping you, and said, "What?! No! You can't do that, Y/n. That's not how this works. I don't deserve your forgiveness. Okay? I have to earn it."

You couldn't help the small chuckle that you released as you looked away from him, "I can. I will." You spoke, looking at him with a teasing smile. "And I already did. I forgave you the moment you uttered those words to me, Eren. Okay? You were grieving over the lost of your mother, so I can't really blame you for trying to find someone to take your anger out on."

Eren sighed and rolled his eyes, "Y/n, that's the thing. Mom didn't die, you saved her. And I basically thanked you by saying terrible things to you. So...I'm going to pretend like you didn't just tell me that you already forgave me, instead I'm going to earn your forgiveness."

"By doing what exactly?" You questioned, raising an eyebrow in amusement. You gestured your cigarette that was still in between your index and middle finger and you taunted, "By giving me free cigarettes? Oh please, I hardly smoke."

"I'll figure it out, alright? Just give me a chance."

You narrowed your eyes at his serious expression and sighed before continuing walking, "Fine." Eren's eyes lit up in response as he went to catch up to you once more.

★・・・・・・★

Levi sighed as he tiredly stared at the stack of papers on his desk. Erwin never did come back to the department to do his goddamn job as a commander, so that automatically meant more paperwork for him.