15

15. Widow V. Devil

🕸

Matt called me earlier to stop by the office to talk. He didn't say what about, just said if i was busy and if I can stop by. I clocked out and walked myself all the way to the small office. Foggy and Karen stood by, watching me come in and head into Matts office.

"Do you really think they're together?" Foggy asks Karen as they watched the two talk. They acted like they were working, trying to see what they were doing, what they are saying. Ever since Devon stepped into Matts life, Foggy noticed the same signs that he's falling for a girl again, but time, this time the feelings were true.

"What is going on? What couldn't you say on the phone?" I stood in front of Matt, crossing my arms. He wasn't his usual self, he was bothered. "Matt?"

"Elena Cardenas died last night."

"The older lady from the Tully case, right?" He didn't say anything. "Im so sorry, she-"

"Fisk is covering something up, he killed her." He said to me. I shook my head since he caught me off guard. Fisk said nothing about this, nothing. "Devon, you have to be careful, he is dangerous."

"With what information? How do you know he killed her?" I wasn't trying to defend Fisk, i just need to know how and where he got this. And why Fisk?

"We have nothing-"

"Then why are you thinking he did it?" He puts his hands on his hips and head back. The two others outside were now interested on what was going on. "Matt, im sorry that Elena is dead, I truly-"

"Why are you defending this man?"

"Im not!" I put my hands up.

"Is it because he's your uncle? If im being honest with you, we shouldn't be talking-"

"Hes a family friend, i barely know him. I met him twice when i was a kid. That has nothing to do with us!" He shakes his head, I bit my bottom lip.

"Hes a dangerous man, you don't know what he'll do. Im trying to protect you." He starts talking with his hands. "He's lying to you, to your family. Maybe he had something to do with your fathers death since he was close to him." I eyes widen. He didn't just say that.

"He was good to my dad, he would never hurt him." With that, I grabbed my purse and stormed off the office and Matt trying to get me back but it was too late.