19

19. messy

🕸

It was the hottest night of all. I tossed and turned, took off my shorts and only slept with Matts shirt. The fan was only doing so little but barely. In the morning I was drenched in sweat, pushing Matt to his side of the bed.

"Matthew..." i groan as he hugged me. "Its too hot for this, you're all sticky and sweaty." I tried to get him off me but Matt played dead, kissing my face.

"Come on, its not that hot." We both laughed and i pushed him and straddling him. His hands were on my hips and i bent down.

"You like this too much." I whispered to his lips, smiling. His alarm went off and we both groaned. My head plopped on his chest and he hugs me there. "Can we just stay here all day?"

"We could but we know how Foggy is." He pulls my hair back. "I can be 10 minutes late." He flips me over and starts kissing my neck and I wrapped my legs around him.

🕸

I rushed into the restaurant where I was supposed to meet River. He sees me, sighing and I sat down. He already ordered me something to drink and was now ordering food.

"I dont want to ask why you are late." He takes a sip of his water.

"Good." We've been closer since I told him about being the Red Widow. Im glad that he accepted and not freaked out about it. What he was is scared for me. "So?"

"Oh." He pulls out paperwork from his backpack and hands to me. "I should be getting best little brother award in the mail soon, because finding them was hard." I flipped through the pages about the Irish mob. Who were in it, family, occupation, everything, with the help of River. "When are you going to see them?"

"Tonight. I've been tracking them down since Fisk said-" the waiter came to drop our food off and we stayed quiet until he left. Once he left I continued. "They played a part in dads death, i just want answers. This is the only lead I got and I don't want to screw it up." I began to eat my sandwich.

"Can you go see Fisk?"

"I cant. I can't have people think im working with him, not anymore, and then put you and mom in danger. Fisk is a man you don't want to cross." I slide the papers into my bag.

"Hows things going with Matt?"

"Great actually, for the first time i found someone who wont hurt me, isn't going to kill me." I shoved more food into my mouth.

"He doesn't know huh." I shook my head. "Are you planning to tell him?"

"And say what? Hey Matt, Im the Red Widow and I've killed people, a ton." I scuffed. "One day maybe, just not now, not when everything is going great in my life."