37

37. here she comes

🕸️

I woke up to me being strapped in, couldn't move. Great, they're going to cut me open, not my first time. The monitors beep as the doctors traced my forehead with a marker.

"This is a much less cool way to die." Yelena said.

"In a room with you?" I looked at the doctor. "Way less."

"Yelena, Devon, it's me. It's Mama. You have a two-inch blade concealed in your beltline." Melina said through the little earpiece.

"Mama?"

"What?" The doctors turned to us. We had to play it cool, "What are you going to do to us?" My fingers searched for the blade.

"Outside right hip." There is was. Yelena and I nodded, slicing the rope off and fighting off the doctors, I jumped off the bed, wrapped my legs around ones neck and stabbed them. Another came behind me and stabbed me with a needle but I threw the knife at him before he could inject me.

"You couldn't have told us sooner?" I said as I took Yelena out of the room, wiping our marks off of our foreheads.

"Don't throw a fit. There wasn't time."

"Where did he take the vials?" Yelena said as we walked out.

"Probably down to cold storage. Dreykov still has the widows under his control, so you have to expose them to this antidote."

"Yeah. Sure. Easy." I sighed as we climbed into an air vent where lead us to the cold storage. We both dropped and posed as we got to the hallway. I realized that I do squat like she said. "Damn it, you're right, im a poser."

"That was disgusting." She shakes off the embarrassment as she did the Natasha pose. We hid behind the wall, waiting when to attack, Yelena went for it, twisting, crawling and sweeping the guard. He fell down, she grabbed his hand and it unlocked the door.

"Show off." I entered the room first and head to the cooler and handed her the vials.

"Melina, I found the location of the vials." Yelena said through comms. Before Melina answered, the place tilted, then alarms started to go off,

"girls, slight change of plan. I completely demolished one of the engines and we are going into a controlled crash." She said so calm. Not a big deal.

"Fantastic."

"You don't say. I wonder what you did mama." We ran out of the room and watch the hallways go red. "We're heading to the widows now." We ran into the room and nobody was there. Damn it. "No." Yelena grabs on of the smoke bombs, wraps them vials. "You go left, I go right." I commanded.