25

25. more problems

🕸

I woke up from Matt's talking. He was practicing his statements for today, the Frank Castle Trial. The same day I visited Frank, Matt, Foggy and Karen came and chatted with him and well, they're representing him.

"We have 10 minutes to leave, so wake up." Matt said as he placed a kiss on my lips. He knew I was awake. I covered my face with the pillow. I only had 3 hours of sleep, it was really getting to me. I rolled myself out of bed, throwing on some appropriate court clothes and helped Matt with his tie as always. We ran out of the place and drove to the courthouse. Foggy and Karen waited for Matt.

"Wait!" I stopped Matt before he was going in. "Good luck." I kissed him and patted his chest. "You got this."

"My lucky charm." He goes in and leaves me behind. I watched as the reporters, police, cameramen waited for the trial to start. I don't know what to expect from this, will they give Castle the death penalty, is Foggy and Matt going to change everyones mind that Castle is a good guy? Will Reyes bring me up? Well you know.

"Castle vs The People of New York." I stood up, they scanned me again and I sat behind Matt, placing my hand on his shoulder. Foggy was sweating, like you can see it.

"You got that vodka in your bag?" He turns to me. I brushed his hair back, lifting his chin.

"You are going to nail this Foggy." He takes a deep breath. I placed a small peck on his forehead and smiled. Matt chuckles and Foggy turns red. "There, a good luck charm." Foggy nods and slowly turns to the front.

"The trial of The People of New York v. Frank Castle is now in session." I turned my head to the doors, Castle dressed in a orange jumpsuit, chained and bruised. Two men walked with him. The crowded room went dead silent. Castle looks up to see me in the crowd, and I raised my chin up. He slowly turns to the judge. This is going to be one hell of a ride.

🕸

After trying to see if there was more Widows on my ass, which wasn't, I headed home to change head upstairs to Matt's place. I was dragging, just so tired. My eyes were drooping, head falling as i try to stay awake. Maybe staying with Matt can help.

"Hey." I walked in. I looked up to see a woman inside. I frowned and my knuckles turned white. She wasn't a widow, i can tell. "Who are you?"

"Elektra." Her thick French accent slips. "You are?" Her? Thats his ex? Whats was she doing here? He was done with her. Why is she back? "You must be his secretary, right? He does have a thing for that."