49

49. secrets

🕸️

I woke up, Frank laid new clothes for me. It was just his flannel, shirt and some leggings. I walked out of the room and switched out my bandage and it was time to leave. Frank sips on his coffee.

"Don't you look like a ray of sunshine." He chuckles.

"Shove off Castle." I took his mug away and drank the rest. "Im heading out."

"Are you crazy? What if they're out there still looking for you?"

"Fisk thinks im dead. Lets keep that way." I put on some shoes. "He knows better to have headless dicks hunting me down. Has he know nothing? Is this all a joke? Im a widow for crying out loud. It's embarrassing for him." I scuffed.

"Call me when its done." I patted his cheek and headed out. I got a taxi and drove me home. Foggy texted me saying that Yelena and River are at a safe house that Rick Mason had. I just needed my suit and then Ill head to them. I ran up the stairs and as i got my floor, FBI, Police and others were in my apartment and taking, searching my things.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" I changed into my american accent as I swore to one of the agents.

"I know you try and figure out solutions to everything for a living, but let me do the work." I stepped into my apartment. They took pictures and looked through Yelenas belongings. My heart dropped. "Im agent Nadeem." He introduced himself. "Who's living with you Ms Hobbs?"

"A friend, shes away on business." I crossed my arms. I watch everyones move. They went to my bedroom. They stepped on my flooring where i hid my suits, batons, guns. It squeaked as they walked back and forth.

"We know your father worked for Fisk, hit man matter in fact." I gulped. "We are trying to get a hold of your mom but, no answer."

"Shes also away, out of state." He laughs.

"Funny how everyone is away." He steps closer to me. "Did you know about your father working as a hit man?"

"Why would I? He kept his life on lockdown. Plus i was gone for 20 years, I wouldn't even known then." He nods.

"Where were you on the days of last month, 22 all the way to the 30?" Shit. "Your job, Oscorp said that you took some time off. Where did you go?" The day i killed that man that kidnapped me and hurt Felix Manning.

"Taking some time off is a crime now? I was home, here. Is that so wrong?"

"Not at all. Just a murder happened downtown."

"And you think i did it? Why? Because my father was a hit man and i might one to?" Let me throw him off my trail.

"Just asking."

"Yeah, some dumbass questions. A toddler can ask better ones."

"Were you at work yesterday?"

"No, why?"

"There was also another murder scene that happened there, on your lab floor, weird right?" He crosses his arms. "You had some stuff there, where you sleeping there?"

"Thats my to go bag, in case i stay late. But I haven't been to work since two days ago." I watched men go upstairs. I followed them to Matts apartment. There was bloody clothes. Matt was here. Nadeem followed me.

"I know you're in a relationship with Matt Murdock, have you seen him lately?" I know what he is doing. Im not going to fall for this.

"Havent. We're on a break." He nods again. "He didn't do anything." I vouched.

"And how would you know that? You're on break." My fist turned white.

"Thats not the Matt i fell in love with."

"If I had to be honest, its not looking good for your boyfriend, bloody clothes, yesterday's murders, and the murder of the Russian men downtown."

"Now explain me this, Matt is blind, how would he be able to kill those people?" He stood there, watching me. "Am I under arrest?"

"Not at this time."

"Then i want everyone out of my god damn apartment and leave me the hell alone."

🕸️

I told Yelena and Rover to stay where they were, not to come to the apartment until I know its safe. Ill call them when i have more. But for now, i have to talk to Foggy, i need to talk to him. He told me to stop by his family's shop and we can talk there.

"Just being there, them right above my suits, Matts apartment." I ran my hands over my face. "I got startled. Foggy, i dont do that. I tried to play with him about my father and me. Hopefully he fell for it."

"Wait, you told the FBI you're Red Widow?"

"What? No! God no." We took a deep breath. He kept rambling on about how this bad, how theyll find matt, that he's hiding something, that im hiding too, that this is bad.

"This is bad. Really bad. Infinitely bad. We could all go to jail." He rambles. "Ill plead in exchange for your immunity, how you saved my life and-"

"Foggy." I stopped him. I started to choke up. Now that i might be caught and be in deep shit. "You always see the good in people, i admire that. But you think im such a good person because i saved you but you cant see who i really am. I did something worse." I bit my lip and started to cry.

"Devon, breathe."

"Im in trouble."

"Tell me what happened."

"Im gonna need attorney client privilege before i can." He swears under his breath.

"Okay, give me five bucks." I quickly dig into my bag, grabbing my wallet and handed him a hundred bucks.

"Thats all I have. Take it."

"Thats fine. Im officially your lawyer." He nods as he sits in front of me. "What happened?"

"Do you remember the murders downtown a few months ago? It was so brutal and bloody that police officers couldn't even walk in."

"Yeah, the bartender was locked in the backroom for hours."

"They think Matt had something to do with the murder."

"What? Thats crazy. Matt had nothing to do with that."

"His name was Vlad Orlov. He kidnapped me at the park to be part of the red room, to be with Dreykov." I played with my shirt. "A few weeks ago Karen came over and showed that pictures got leaked of me at the bar, killing them." Foggys face fell.

"Devon..."

"If the FBI gets those pictures, im done for." I sighed and held my stomach as Foggy sighs and held his head with hand.

"Did you touch the body? Wheres your clothes?" He started his questions. "Devon, please tell me that you-"

"Im better than leave my fingerprints behind Foggy, Clothes are burned. Everything is fine, its just those photos." This will be end of me...