38

38. with you

🕸️

The widows dropped us off in New York, Melina, Alexei and Yelena were going to stay to heal and find out what they make the vial out of. We changed out of our suits and walked the busy streets of Hells Kitchen. Melina and Alexei held on to each other as Yelena walked besides me and we walked up to my apartment.

"Dont get too comfortable." I sighed as Im finally back home, where its safe again. "Im going to call someone to help with your leg." They looked around the small room, Melina looked at the photos of my new life, some with Karen and Foggy, me and Matt, River.

"You look happy." Melina said as she plops down on my couch.

"I am." The door slammed open, we all got ready to fight but it was Matt. I smiled as he made his way to me.

"Devon!" He runs to me, lifting me up.

"Matt!" I kissed him, deeply and rough. He puts me down and touches my face.

"I heard you miles away, all the way from the office." He catches his breath.

"I told you i was coming back home." I placed my hand son his face. "A little late then expected but, I'm here." He tilted his head and noticed something about me.

"Your shoulder..."

"Its broken." I shrugged off.

"Try shattered. What did you do?." Oops. "We can go see Claire."

"She hurt it when she jumped off a building that was in the sky, no parachute." Melina ratted out. "They also shot at her." Matts lips parted and frowned, confused as who was in the room and what she just say.

"Im sorry? Shot at?" He turns to me. "And you jumped out of a what?!" I let out a chuckle.

"What Melina didn't include was that I was saving Yelena." I try to make it better.

"Also trying to kill Dreykov." Yelena said as she raided my pantry. I clenched my jaw. Snitches.

"Thank you Yelena." I mumbled through my teeth.

"No problem." She popped a M&M in her mouth. I pulled my attention back to Matt, grabbing his face again and looking at him. He hasn't been patrolling, good.

"But im okay, im here, with you." I whispered to his lips.

"Hes dead?" He asked.

"We can live without us being targets." He smiles back. He stops and whispers in my ear.

"Who are they?" I turned to look at Alexei, Melina who were staring.

"Hi Matt." Yelena sang. I cleared my throat and took a step back. I totally forgot them being here for a minute.

"Whos this?" Alexei asked as he charged his way up to Matt. "Get away from her." I shoved Alexei back.

"Alexei, Melina, this my boyfriend, Matt Murdock." Alexeis chest puffed out. "Stop that." I rolled my eyes as he played overprotective father. "Matt these is my fake parents, and you know Yelena."

"He knows?" Melina sat up and I nodded. Alexei walks back up to Matt, who gripped his cane. Alexei examined Matt.

"You break her heart, i break your spine." He huffs as he sits back down with Melina. I grabbed Matts hand and pulled him to my room.

"Dont mind them." I pulled my hair back. "They're going to stay here for a while." Im going to regret this so much later. Living with them again.

"Are you going to be okay?"

"Eventually." I sighed. "Alexei isn't going to hurt you, Melina might, so be careful." Matt chuckled. "Do you have Claires number?" He hands me his phone and i called her, who she wasn't too happy to hear me but she is coming. All five of us stood around the apartment and waited. "Alexei, stop that." I said as i walked past him. He was staring down at Matt.

"Why not? I must intimidate him, he should be scared of being in the presence of the Red Guardian."

"He's blind and he doesn't care that you are the red guardian." I patted his back and Claire made it. She tended to Melina first, not a lot of chatting from them. Melina told her what to do but that's about it.

"Now your turn." She looks at my shoulder. "Well, it is shattered, im not even surprised that you are in pain." She wraps me up and puts me in a sling. "Try not to do too much, so no more red widow moves for a while." Yelena takes Claire out of the apartment.

"So uh, Yelena you can take my bed, Melina you can take the couch." I started to tell them.

"This?" She pointed at the couch. "How am I supposed to-" i pulled out the bed out from under. A pull out. I tossed some blankets and pillows on to the pullout and made a makeshift bed on the floor.

"Alexei." I pointed at the floor.

"This is discrimination."

"My roof, my rules." I patted his cheek.

"Where will you go?" Yelena asked but then turned to Matt who was waiting by the door. "I actually want to sleep, so keep it down." I rolled my eyes and headed to Matts and crashed there. Soon as i put down my bag, Matt kisses me. We held each other, walking back to his living room.

"Forgive me, I'm really sorry." I managed to break the kiss. "I never wanted to hurt you."

"I know." He breathes out. "I'm just glad that you're here with me." I took off his glasses and just took a moment to look at him. "Devon..." he whispers.

"Im done with her." He frowns. "Red Widow is gone. I want to be normal, with you. I want to be a normal human with real people problems." I cried. "I want to work a 9-5, standing for the train, come home, listening to your cases, cook dinner and be so tried that i go to bed at 9, and wake up next to you and make you coffee and-" he laughs. "No more killing, no more fighting."

"We can do that." He nods. "Daredevil has been gone since the Red Widow was said to be dead." I ran my hand over his stubby beard. "We can do whatever we want."

"No one to control us." His hands traveled to my shirt. "I love you Matthew." He kisses me again and takes me to be bed. It was good to be back, good to put the widow to rest. Finally i am free.