003. YOUR ANGER

CHAPTER THREE
your anger

Have you ever tried writing?

Dwayne read the words as Winnie wrote them in his notepad, looking at her confused.

Where's your notepad?

He sure wish he didnt buy it for nothing, even though it really didnt cost much.

She shrugged before underlining her words as if to ask the question again. Dwayne took in a deep breath and closed his eyes before replying.

About what?

She sighed quietly, analyzing his face and biting her lip, deep in thought. His cheeks slightly flushed under her gaze and he looked down at the page.

Your anger.

I'm not angry.

She sighed again. Not in the way that someone would when they're running out of patience or when they were annoyed. She sighed just because she felt like it.

Haven't you ever been angry? Or sad and heartbroken?

He shrugged and shook his head, Winnie frowned at the sight.

I think that's a lie.

Why would I lie?

Everyone lies at some point.

He looked at her and she looked back and it seemed to linger for a while before he turned and laid back to stare at the sky.

It's nice to write about your emotions.

She showed him her words before laying back next to him.

They didn't exchange words for the next 4 hours.

( ☀️ )

Winnie stared at the almost completely tattered leather notebook that sat on her bed beside her headphones that she had just taken off. It was open, the notebook, the page she was currently on was completely blank.

Dwayne had gotten her that notebook on Christmas in 7th grade. It was really thick ( it might've been really expensive. . .she didn't know ) and lasted her a few years now. She used it as a daily journal and was surprised on how long it lasted. She did skip a few days. . .or weeks, but that didnt matter.

Maybe it was because it was tall and thick, or maybe she just didn't have an interesting life. Maybe it was both.

She didn't have any friends besides Dwayne ( they had met in the 5th grade and been attached at the hip ever since ) and if she tried to make friends, she wouldn't speak more than two words the whole conversation.