004. DRIFTER

CHAPTER FOUR
drifter

Winnie never fully processed the events of reality

Her mind was scattered, jumping from one place to another and she wasn't able to write every single thing down, because as soon as her pen touched the paper, another thought would take place.

Her thoughts drifted from place to place and like Olive said, she wrote slow.

So as soon as the processing began for one thing, another thing would come up and it was like a never ending cycle of everything just not getting processed in her mind.

Like how she couldn't fully process her mothers hug before her father started speaking to her and asking tons of questions so fast it almost gave her whiplash.

She hadn't seen them longer than 15 minutes for two weeks.

She didn't want to spend the whole day with them.

Don't get her wrong, she didnt hate her parents and she most definitely wasn't in her angsty teenage phase where she pretended she did ( or maybe she was and she was just in denial ) it was just that she had a specific schedule she had to follow every single day.

And her parents were changing everything around.

The feeling made her blood boil and her fists clench until her palms bled. It was just a stupid schedule. She didnt understand why she got so mad.

"So?" her dad asked, waiting for her response.

She looked to him confused, she had no idea what he had previously said. The older man sighed and rolled his eyes.

He hated when she zoned out.

"What do you want to do today?" the man asked again, his tone way less cheerful than before.

She stared at them long and hard. Her face was rested and seemed bored and annoyed, which was partly accurate.

She took out the notepad from the waistband of her dark jeans. Her pockets were too small to keep it in there like Dwayne could and she couldn't help but feel a little jealousy. Speaking of, she wrote his name down on the blank page.

I want to see Dwayne.

"You see him everyday honey," her mother said after reading each word aloud.

If I don't go over he comes over here.

"Why? Don't you guys ever take a break from each other?" her dad asked.