The Groundwork for a ruler

Ayanokouji pov

I am fascinated with Alexander the Great.

This was a man who changed the face of the earth as we know it. Alexander conquered much of the known world at the young age of 25, in the process starting cities and libraries that would bear his name and last for thousands of years. Some of them are even standing to this day.

The man was so great he even made it into an Iron Maiden song.

There was no question that Alexander 100% earned his moniker. He was a great, great man. This is a fact that cannot be denied.

But was he a happy man, though?

"The Price of Greatness"

After achieving his dream of becoming the greatest conqueror the world has ever seen, Alexander died at the ripe young age of 32, likely due to typhoid fever.

His empire would fragment after his death. A power struggle took place, and in the process, his mother, wife, and infant son would all be killed. They were killed by his former allies. I wonder, I wonder; if Alexander was able to witness the lasting impacts of his actions, would he still choose to take the same path he did?

Alexander was a big fan of Homer’s Illiad. He carried the book wherever he went; on campaigns, into newfound cities, into bed. He particularly liked the Greek hero Achilles.

Much like Alexander, Achilles was a tragic hero who paid dearly for the price of greatness.

Alexander, an avid reader of Homer and a student of the famed philosopher Aristotle, knew the choice he was facing. And he, much like his hero Achilles, chose to take the path of glory and greatness.

Why am I bringing ancient history up, you ask?

Because in the age of the 21st century, in the era of peak capitalism, billionaire entrepreneurs, and monetized clout, many of us are faced with the same choice. We are extolled, since birth, to study hard, work hard, and chase the far-off rainbow of greatness.

And many of us blindly follow this path, not knowing that the pursuit of greatness does not necessarily lead to happiness.

However I still want to achieve it , I still wish to try and have the entire world for myself atleast once.
Like Alexander I could also have a grand library with access to all the books in the world including the ones which are forbidden and rare, to satisfy my eternal thirst for knowledge.

Like him I could maybe change the world as we know it to something I would like and desire.

I could achieve anything I want , even limitless freedom , something I was stripped off from birth. Having the world at your fingertips means the you are not bound by any law or values that exist.

I could buy anything, eat the most expensive Ice cream or even travel to space , a place that is so mysterious and intriguing that humans yet have only limited knowledge of. Which is only possible if you have both money and power.

Having both money and power would grand me my wishes and will make me a free man.
Cause those who don't have those will always be a slave to those who wield such things, no matter how free you convince yourself to be.

My mentality to conquer and rule is not weird cause human beings in general have an innate desire to conquer the world.

But most couldn't achieve it ,
that desire of theirs will only be buried deep inside their delusions as most will never have the abilities to do so.

But fortunately and unfortunately for me, I've obtained certain skills from my unique and off-the norm education from birth which made me somewhat different from normal people.