Lost In Sentiments Part 2: Maybe We're Not (1/2)

"Maybe we'll be alright then."

Words that took a 16-year-old Yena by surprise.

And words that took all of 14 years old Yuri's courage just because her grades are definitely on the line. At least that was all Yuri's intention.

"Yo-" Yuri didn't even let the teenager speak.

"-please pair up with me I am sure we'll be alright."

There was an event in their school and students were expected to interact and pair up with other year levels for this Valentine's Day event, of course, there are plus points in all of their subjects if they would be able to pair up with a senior. Yuri, being an ace Grade 9 student would do anything to get those plus points. Other than her being competitive with getting the highest honors, she also needs to socialize with new people just so she wouldn't be that too out of place with everything. What she meant by new people was not Kim Minju and Yabuki Nako only.

In fact, Yuri sees this event as bullshit because she thinks teachers and student councils are only holding this event to give the spotlight to those junior-senior straight couples and to stir up rumors and shits again all over the campus to issue some rumored couples and maybe create more scandals again which is of-course within the campus' reach only.

Yuri doesn't even know who she's asking, she just randomly spotted a lady sitting all alone by the stairs at the backstage of the theatre hall inside their school. She thinks this senior is also like her, maybe introverted too because everyone else is outside having fun going to food stalls and photo booths while this girl is just here, sitting and spacing out not until Yuri comes.

Yuri started to get embarrassed as each second of silence started to pass by, still no response from this senior.

How did Yuri know she was a senior? Well, there is this color coding shit where juniors need to wear orange shirts while yellow for the seniors. It's too bright to Yuri's liking, she feels like her eyes are being tortured as she looks around spotting everyone looking so bright like an eyesore.

"O-oh I guess that's a no, I'm sorry for interrupting and surprising you. I didn't mean to- I mean I am not expecting anything. Like who wants to pair up with m-"

"Jo Yuri right?" and now it was Yuri's turn to get surprised.

"I say yes, let's pair up!" and the way the senior's voice and smiles are so bright, this time much to Yuri's liking, just did a flip inside her.

"I'm Choi Yena. Let's go and be each other's date for today then."

And jokes on them for being each other's date and company for a day only.

...