Drunk

DRUNK

"I broke up with him!" this red-haired girl laughed hysterically while tears fell down her cheeks. In her depression, she chugged down her 15th shot of vodka.

Yena is my name, the drunk girl sitting next to me is my friend Yuri. She's been crying her heart out for the past 3 hours- nonstop. She called me over while I was in the middle of my good sleep for Pete's sake. I didn't have a choice but to accompany her here at the bar, and look! It's 1:13 in the morning already. Imagine, I've been sitting here for the whole 3 hours without knowing the reason why she even called me. All I know is that she's been depressed and looking stressed out when I first saw her today.

I've known Yuri ever since our childhood, so I basically know almost everything about her. For example, she doesn't talk about her problems that easily and soon after asking me to tag along with her while drinking, she will eventually vent out her anger so her problems are all spilled, and then the next day, I will just have to pretend that nothing happened.

"Am I not enough?" she suddenly asked looking all plastered. Her flushed cheeks and puffy eyes took all the pity out of me.

Yuri caught her boyfriend, or let's say ex-boyfriend, Jihoon, cheating on her with another girl after almost 4 years of being in an illegal relationship together. Again, illegal. Yuri's parents never liked Jihoon for whatever reason, so they dated covertly for 4 years straight. Jihoon's the only boyfriend Yuri's ever had so it's understandable that she's crying her eyes out like this. I don't know but it seems like she's never running out of tears. Jihoon is a complete dumbass for cheating on her.

I looked at her in sympathy as she leaned herself on the table. Mascara was clouding her restrained face, her lips were still trembling and her hair looking all messed up in a low pony tail. I sighed at the sight of her.

"So you knew from the start that he's been cheating on you? For a year already?" I asked trying to distract her from drinking another shot of vodka.

"I don't want to believe the rumors back then, but I saw it with my own two eyes—I-II I don't know anymore!" She cried again. I was about to snatch the shot glass from her but she was just that fast. Before I could stop her, she chugged down another shot.

"Good thing that you're the one who broke up with him, Jihoon is trash," I said then drink my shot.

Let me tell you, I'm not drunk nor tipsy. I have a high tolerance for alcohol, unlike Yuri.

"But you know what, I've been wanting to break up with him since last month, I just couldn't find the right timing. Haha, should I thank him for letting me catch him cheating on the spot?" She vented out. You can really tell how drunk she is already.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"I think, I like somebody else already." Yuri said, as she leaned closer to the table and then suddenly passes out.

I sighed as I stared at her unconscious figure. As usual, I paid for her drinks and asked some staffs from the bar to help me carry Yuri to my car.

"Thank you," I said then gave them a tip before driving away.

I am now carrying Yuri on my back and we're now in front of her condo. I was about to enter her passcode but I remember her telling me a few days ago that she changed it.

"Yuri," I tried waking her up and I heard her groan. "What's the passcode?" I asked.

"I told you, it's a secret." She said playfully.

"Yul, I'm not here to play around with you. Don't you want to rest already? Just tell me your passcode now, you can change it tomorrow. I'll make sure to remind you, don't worry." I replied.