Chapter 2

Chapter Two: Lime Orange Lollipops

Soft breezes of cool air swayed her hair as she stepped onto the balcony after Harry. "Come on, Harry dear, tell me your secret" Hermione chanted as she glided along the outer tapestries perched on the walls. In her hand was a champagne glass, a quarter still full of the sparkling liquid it contained.

His steps were calculated and planned, striding onto the center of the veranda where the full moon glistened amongst the clouds. His cool gaze was of a predator, surveying the area for prey. His lips were closed, relaxed, so many beauties all in on location; he did not know where to begin.

"Harry" she called out again to call his attention.

This time he addressed her with his lips curving into a small smile. "Shall you keep it a secret, my dear?" he asked nonchalantly, patiently waiting for a response.

"Of course I will, Harry." She replied as she stepped closer to place a hand on his shoulder. "You of all people should know that"

"Yes. I do" he spoke out. His voice was quieted by the vast location. Around them whispers and conversations were going about. No body minded them, and they minded no body. Shame, so many people, all gathered in the same location yet all trapped in their own little bubble.

"Do you really want to know my secret Hermione?" he inquired once more, raising an eyebrow to his elegant female companion. He took a sip out of his glass and continued "it may not be as easy as you think, my dear"

Hermione never declined. "Yes" was her simple answer, because she wanted to know; the answer to Harry charm, his charisma to get any stranger into bed.

Harry lifted his glass into eye level, and his eyes framed her through the glass. "Love" Then he lifted the glass to the full moon and it too was framed through the glass. "The secret to every person's heart, is to tell them you love them" he spoke calmly, smoothly and proudly.

"Love? Is that your secret Harry?" she questioned mockingly, lifting her shoulders in refusal. "I highly doubt that is it" she rationalized, folding her arms in front of her.

"Yes" he said with a smile. "I can convince anyone into bed, by telling them three simple words."

"I love you?" she guessed matter-of-factly also with a smug grin on her lips. The cool air was colder with the wind breezing by. The music from the hall seeped into the outdoors.

"No. Let's make love" he corrected her. "any person will fall"

"Are you willing to bet on it, Harry Potter?" her voice was strong and challenging as another smile played on her lips. His lips curved as well.

"Maybe"

"This is amazing! Harry Potter, the Harry, unwilling to bet" she mocked him. The teasing curve on her lips widening. A hand fell to her hips as she raised an eyebrow.

"What do I get if I win?" his voice was playful and equally challenging, the voice he only used when making bets. It was the voice that would swoon any female or male heart.

"I'll give you the castle in London if you win"

"and if I lose?"

"You give me a six months cruise on the pacific. Is it a deal?"

"I'll give you a three month cruise, Herm and a weeks stay at the most luxurious hotel in Paris, all expenses paid" he answered with a sly grin on his face.

Hermione only smiled back. "I guess we have a wager then Mr. Harry Potter" she said as she lifted her glass into the air and poured the rest of its contents into his.

As the glass was held in the air, a spark of gold caught his attention. Immediately he turned and green eyes searched the porch for the source of such beauty. He wanted to know who could possess hair almost as brilliant as the sun. His eyes scanned with vigor, and his jaw tightened.

At last, at the very edge of the platform, his gaze followed the blonde.

Pale skin, pink complexion, intoxication beauty, Harry Potter was stunned.

"Harry?"

"Harry?" Hermione's voice gathered him back to his current state, two meters away from the beauty that took his thoughts away. "are you alright?" her concerned voice seemed to slur behind him, unimportant. All he wanted was to know that blonde's name. He soon would.

Draco Malfoy.

His father had him on his knees, ready to strike at any moment with a firm palm raised in the air. "You insolent fool!" his voice boomed and bellowed.

Draco closed his eyes in preparation for the slap that was about to come. His hands were clasped in front of him. His long bangs covering his face. This would surely leave marks in the morning, he thought. But it never came.

"Excuse me sir" he heard a deep voice say "I do not intend to pry, but may I ask your permission to take your son for a dance?"

He felt a strong hand take his and slowly pull him up to his feet. The stranger smelled wonderful, a mix of spices and cologne, in a very refreshing way. He was afraid to open his eyes, but he felt a calloused hand touch the edge of his chin and a warm breathe on his lips. "open your eyes" the voice told him and he did.

Carefully his silver eyes opened. Deep emerald eyes met his gaze, framed by a pair of expensive glasses. He was lead onto the dance floor, and again lead in a dance. Neither of them spoke, it was magic. A hand came to rest on his waist, followed by the other on the small of his back. The position made his arch closer to the mysterious stranger.

"Your eyes seem to have captured me in a spell, I am powerless to look away" the handsome brunette spoke. His voice deep and warm, welcoming. They swayed along with the music for awhile in silence, basking in the warmth of their embrace on the dance floor. Most of all, the smile on his is lips was enchanting.

Draco was captured in the strangers embrace and all he could do was will for it to last longer. It felt so right. Strong arms surrounded his body and his arms wound themselves around the brunette's neck. He studied every contour of the other's body as they danced in silence.

The slower the dance, the closer they moved. And as more and more people joined them on the dance floor, they moved even closer. Almost every inch of their bodies touched and yet Draco could only long for more.

Lips enclosed the skin below his jaw and near his ear. The deep voice whispered "let's make love". Draco could moan as hands suddenly roamed his body.