Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve: Sugary Caramel Apples . . .

The hospital smelled--clean, bursting with the scent of alcohol and antiseptics mixed together. It wasn't a scent that was appealing to them, but they had no choice. The small white room currently was occupied by a group of thirteen people which was composed of the couple's family and closest friends. There were a few sobs that rolled from Draco's worried mother and a few hushed whispers from both Lily and Lucius who were tying to comfort her.

"What the hell happened?" Harry yelled with a mighty slam of his hand against the white painted wall behind him. He looked utterly furious, brows creasing together, his jaw tightening and eyes glaring daggers at everyone in the room. He called them because here, because aside from family, they were the people concerned about the whole fiasco. No body uttered a word to answer him because of his current state, it made him angrier.

"Lucky!" he roared, eyeing the tall blonde man who was standing near the door beside Ron. "The horses were your responsibility!" He mocked, while moving closer. He fisted his hands against the man's collar tightly, earning a loud cough from Lucky as the fabric strained his neck.

"Harry!" the retaliation came from Hermione who was once again trying to play peacemaker. She ran to the fighting men, leaving Pansy's side. The Harry didn't notice her. "Stop it!" she commanded, pressing her petite fingers on Harry's upper arms and prying it away from the blonde man. She hated it when Harry transformed into a different man. She turned her head slightly with the expression of panic as she looked at Ron. Immediately the red head joined in to help her.

"Harry, mate!" Ron called, helping Hermione break the two apart. It was a difficult task said and done. Harry, despite being shorter than him, was stronger when he was enraged. The fact that it was Draco who was injured made everything even worse--Harry was livid and ready to kill. With nothing but brute force, he hauled the said man by the arms and gripped him with all his might. Harry struggled in his grasp.

"Ronald! Let go off me!" Harry bellowed, struggling in the red head's hold. He flung his body side to side, but the arms holding him still remained in tack. He fought against Ron's arm, attempting to get free but another pair of hands followed. Blaise was now, also lending a hand. He gripped Harry's left while Ron took the man's right.

Lucky stumbled back when Harry finally released his collar; he choked a few times to regain his breathing. "Lucky are you alright?" Hermione asked from beside him, pressing a soft white handkerchief against his lips. He tasted a bit of blood there where Harry's knuckles connected earlier or maybe it happened when he bit the inside of his mouth earlier, he wasn't really sure.

"Yeah. Thanks" he mumbled against the cloth as he took it from her hands. His breathing was a bit heavy and uneven but it will all calm down sooner or later. He stood back up with Hermione's help, leaning on her shoulder as she led him to the one of the available chairs. He was worried, two people were injured today and one of them was Oliver. Taking a seat, he noticed a more calloused hand was placed on his face.

"Are you alright?" It was Dean; worriedly running a thumb over the man's bruised face. He had walked over when Lucky stumbled back; it was his seat the man was currently occupying. He crouched down, bringing his face to eye- level and checking the blonde's wounds tenderly. "I'm sorry" he apologized, touching the bloody flesh. "Harry didn't mean it, honest" somehow he felt responsible for his friend's unwanted actions and so he needed to apologize.

Lucky felt a smile forming on his lips seeing the concern painted on the boy's features. "It's fine" he said gruffly, wincing when Dean pressed the fabric harder on his face to remove the traced of blood. "Sorry" the teen mumbled back in embarrassment. Behind them, the commotion was still underway. Blaise, Ron and Hermione were trying to calm Harry down.