Chapter 5

Chapter Five: Sugar Blue Cotton Candy

The serene dream; birds gliding through the clear blue skies, the sun just hiding behind the airy light clouds and the air smelled wonderfully of spring blossoming in the air. Couples walked daintily side by side along the sidewalks. Those missing their other half elegantly made their way though the town, cautiously trying to catch their unrequited beloved's attention. Spring had finally arrived to end the long winter months and now once again London was bustling about springs parties, balls and other affairs to prance their riches to other nobles.

Many of the aristocrats were excited to meet the new faces this Spring would bring. Several noble families would be presenting their daughters for the first time, making them available for marriage. A few of the more favorable ladies were Lady Natasha Birch, along with her cousin Amelia Blackwood of Baron Dufferin's court from Scotland, and Lady Cassidy Everard direct from the house of Queen Anne.

Natasha's cream skin and deep red locks seduced every man in sight while her cousin Amelia's exotic olive skin and jet black hair etched the memory of her unique beauty into any suitor. Cassidy's pale skin and chocolate brown hair made her sparkle in contrast, standing out against the crowded.

This greatly delighted Licius; the fact that there were to be more lovely ladies available for his son's courtship was excellent news for the Malfoy bloodline! He not only needed an heir to continued the Malfoy name for future generations but be needed an heir to pass on the family riches. Letting Draco be the last to carry their name would be a great mistake!

"I am honored that you thought of our daughter Lord Malfoy." Evangeline's voice brought him back to his senses. At the moment, he was enjoying a cup of tea with Evangeline Birch to discuss any possibilities of future proposals between the Birch and Malfoy families. "I'm pleased to know that my daughter's looks are very much to your liking"

Lucius flashed his most gorgeous smile. "Yes, your daughter is really remarkably beautiful" he complimented, taking a cup of tea in his hands. He motioned to the beautiful picture of Natasha on the table. Her hair was slightly pulled back tied with simple black lace, exposing her creamy white skin and her sparkling chocolate brown eyes. Any man in London would be very blessed if her mother had accepted their invitation for marriage! Of course, like the other before her, Evangeline could not disappoint a Malfoy's invitation. That would just be foolish of her.

"You yourself are very handsome Lord Malfoy" she returned the gesture "I'm confident to say that your son may be as handsome" she said gesturing to the portrait on the wall --it was a portrait of himself and his beautiful young wife just after they married. He was in a tailored black suit standing with his blonde hair cut short--almost military like--and his wife Narcissa was seated prettily on a chair in front of him, elegantly dressed in crimson red. Her jet black hair was flowing behind her and a small red hairpiece was placed on the side of her head. Her cherry lips curved up into a smile, seemingly enchanted by something magical in front of her.

"Yes, he is" he agreed with a proud smile as he thought of his son. Slim built but was very strong. He easily mastered the craft of fencing at the age of thirteen and through most women would prefer broad shoulders and muscular husbands, there were still many who adored slim figured men.

"Tell me Sr" she started. Like she said, it was an honor to be even though of by a highly respected family like the Mafloy's. This man in front of her, Lucius, his golden blonde locks sparkled with and every movement and his wife, in the portrait, shine elegantly through the oils as if she were alive! Truly a son from their genes would be almost god-made in beauty!

"Lucius, please" he politely corrected her with a grin "Surely were are past formalities, Lady Evangeline if we were to plan a marriage!"

With his announcement she smiled, indeed the Malfoy family was enchanted by her daughter. "Lucius then" she said, as if testing out the sound of his name "what does your son look like?"