~Chapter 1~

"It's going to be high in the 80's today, another gorgeous day here in Riverside.."

I groan, throwing the pillow over my head to block out the TV.

It's too early to be awake yet, but I know I need to get moving.

"Ember, wake your lazy ass up already! It's 9 o'clock!" My dad calls out.

"I'm up already!" I shout back.

Cursing under my breath, I throw the pillow off my head and grab my phone to check any notifications.

3 missed calls and 5 texts from none other than my bestfriend Alexander.

"Ayee you lil slut, wake up and let's do something today?"

I reply, "Fuck yes, lets do it you man whore! Lemme just get ready, text you in an hour! Ttyl ;p"

I toss my phone down, and give my dog Roxy some love before going to shower.

Roxy is a black lab and right now the only man in my life I need.

All my past relationships have been with boys who acted more like women than I did.

I need a man. Not some little bitch of a boy.

Unfortunately I have yet to find Mr. Right.

I give Roxy one last kiss on his head then I go to my dresser and pull out a pair of black short shorts, a white crop top, toms, and a sweatshirt.

I know, I know you're probably thinking "Ember, why the hell are you bringing a sweatshirt in 80° weather?!"

Well cuz you never know when you might want to cover up and be cozy.

I grab my shower bag and head down the hall to the bathroom.

~¤~

"Make it quick.." My dad huffs out.

I roll my eyes internally not wanting to start yet another fight with him.

I want to tell him to be a girl for a day and to try to take a shower having long hair and needing to shave your whole body and tell me how quickly he'd shower.

But I keep my mouth shut and just nod my head like a good girl.

He wasn't always such a prick. When I was younger I was his precious angel, now that I'm 21 he acts like I'm just this stranger in his home.

Shouldn't have adopted me then.

But Charles, and Madison wanted another child.

Madison got pregnant with their son John, but she absolutely hated the way pregnancy made her feel and look so they decided on adoption.

Then at just the pure age of 3 here comes little miss Ember carried into a dark and uninviting home.

~¤~