Chapter 1

George's POV:

" Mad eye moody?" Fred says shocked when watch him be presented as the new defence against the dark arts teacher.

" huh, maybe Dad wasn't lying after all about all the nonsense that is going to take place this year" Fred says and his stomach grumbles loudly.

" I've done research on triwizard tournament, it's been going on for centuries" Hermione pipes in, her words become muffled when I decide to stop listening.

The intense hunger in my stomach gets stronger as a growl escapes both mine and Fred's stomach at the same time.

" come on" Lee says irritated.

" and I now present...The ladies of Beauxbatons!" Dumbledore says arms wide.

The doors burst open as a bunch of prestigious and pretty girls pile out, a small and short dance routine taking place as the girls in their well fitted and blue uniform, in lines walk so elegantly.

A particular girl on the end catches my attention, her hair is long and soft - looking, pulled sleek back into a low ponytail, showing off her cheekbones, she smiles as she lets her arm down and butterflies fly out of her sleeve.

" oh my god" I say breathlessly.

" I know" Fred says creepily.

" no" I shake shaking my head at him.

I shake his shoulder and he gets irritated for having to tear his eyes away from the girls, " what?!"

" that's her, thats her, thats her" I repeat.

" you're going to have to be a bit more specific mate" Fred tells me.

Lee nearly breaks his neck as he tries to follow the girls all the way to the top of the hall, it nearly breaks again when he hastily turns his head towards me.

" George is that y/n?!" He says shocked.

" I think so" I tell them.

" where?" Fred says and he raises his torso high that I have to pull him down since he looks like the only one standing.

" there!" I point, she's watching Dumbledore speak, her side profile looking like perfection.

" oh yeah" Fred says in realisation after spotting her, he then turns to me, " quite the catch, isn't she?"

I try to keep my eye on her at all times in hope that she spots me but she doesn't even look my way, there's no excuse that I can try to comfort myself with as she knows I'm in Gryffindor and I doubt she's forgotten about her year at Hogwarts.

" you okay?" Lee asks me sincerely, my face must have accidentally fallen to sadness as we never share the most empathetic moments.

I shrug, " why wouldn't I be?" I say trying my hardest not to look in her direction but my eyes keep wandering over to get a glance.

" you don't have to play dumb around us brother" Fred says with a nudge.

" what do you mean? She's an old friend that's it" I tell them.

Fred and Lee exchange glances at each other but say no more when I spot Angelina suddenly look at me with pity when her eyes seem to have caught onto y/n as well.

The time she was here she wasn't the most popular, in fact she had the ability to stay on the low at all times and somehow manage to escape all trouble that she got herself into.
However, even if they hadn't met her, the Gryffindor common room knew her name, mostly because of me, with how highly and often I spoke of her, students asked me if she was even real.

Flashback to 1st year:

" Fred? Come on, we said no pranks until we get to Hogwarts, not on the train!" I whine in my voice that's yet to break.

I walk down the aisle of the train, peeking in all of the compartments, searching for him but I jolt when the train suddenly begins to move and I haven't found a seat.

I think I've met the end of all the compartments when I accidentally stumble into a door that I didn't know was there, since the following path is darkened that I thought I had been met with a dead end.

Holding out both hands I guide myself to the door to realise it's a compartment, I slide it open and the light is dimmer, I don't realise that I'm not alone until a girl with y/c/h hair, in two braids pulls a book down from her face.

" get lost?" She asks.

I'm still standing as I hover for the handle of the door, attempting to slide it shut but I fail as my eyes linger on her cute face for too long.

" y-yeah, would you mind if I?" I say gesturing to the many empty seats.

She frowns and looks around, attempting to look behind me.

" do you have others?" She asks.

I shake my head, " no only me, I don't know where my friend is, well- brother"

" brother who happens to be my only friend" I say as I sit down opposite her.

She scans me head to toe as if she's skeptical when I feel nervous.

" I didn't even know there was a compartment here" I say with a chuckle. Fred has all of the things we said we were going to try on the train, like sweets and small games.

" not many people do, in fact it was my father who told me to look out for it, I'm glad it's still here, it's the perfect spot for privacy" she says, her voice is soft and quiet that I have to occasionally lean across to hear her words.

" why would you want to sit on your own?" I ask.

" why would I want to sit with a bunch of loud strangers?"

" to make friends"  I tell her.

She looks at me disapprovingly, " I don't need friends, I just need all O's and then when I'm older I'll be potions professor of Hogwarts" she tells me with desire, looking passionate that I smile and let out a chuckle.

" what? You don't think I can?" She says, taking my laughter the wrong way.

" I do" I say desperate.

" but having friends is nice"

" how would you know? You don't have any but your brother" she backfires at me.

My face goes red but I laugh, " I think we'll get along well"