Chapter 4

George's POV:

I walk back to the common room with my head in the clouds, smiling and day dreaming when Fred and Lee charge up to me.

" we saw" Fred says.

" Did you confront her?" Lee asks.

" what?" I ask looking at them confused.

" with y/n" they say disappointed, then Fred sighs and looks at Fred like he expected it.

" I told you he wouldn't!" He says.

" come on George, she left without telling you, when you were her only friend and you're just going to let her get away with it?" Lee says.

I shrug my shoulders, " maybe she couldn't reach out to me"

" yeah because it takes so much effort to send an owl"

I roll my eyes at Lee, " whatever, I'm glad she's here, besides the times we spent together with her were good, Fred you said you liked her" I say not wanting anyone to be mad at me.

Fred shrugs, " yeah she's cool but it didn't affect me when she left"

" what good is it going to do? I really want to spent more time with her, I don't think that'll happen if I act cold" I say.

" mate I'm just saying it's only a matter of time before she breaks your heart again by leaving" Lee informs me.

" just play nice while she's here" I say before storming off to my dorm.

When I get there, before they come in, I rummage through my draws and pick up a picture of me and y/n that I never got rid of. I don't think she even knows I have it but when she left, I framed it.

————————————————-

" okay yep then add that" I say to Fred, we are crouched in a large supply closet brewing the ageing potion which should be done soon.

" stupid that the common room was full, guess that's what we get for having visitors" Fred says.

Suddenly the door bursts open and someone's small feet in heels nearly stand on my hand as they breathlessly hide themselves.

Y/n looks down at us and jumps and squeals, " sorry I didn't know anyone was in here" she says as she catches her breath, her hand is on her heart from her scare.

" Hello y/n" I say still concentrating.

" Hello George" she responds and I get butterflies once again from the sound of my name escaping her lips.

" Hi Fred" she says afterwards.

" mhm" he replies and doesn't bother looking up at her.

I see y/n look uncomfortable with his blunt response when I watch her peek outside but she quickly ducks. I pat a small empty spot next to me, she straightens her dress out before sitting down.

" what are you doing?" I ask her.

" there's a blonde Slytherin boy who won't leave me alone, he keeps bragging about how much things his father owns" she says.

I hear Fred let out a chuckle which y/n seems comforted by.

" looks like you've met Malfoy" I tell her.

" you lucky duck" Fred says sarcastically.

" what are yous doing?" She says and sounds slightly concerned.

" ageing potion" I say with a smirk, " we are going to enter the triwizard tournament"

Y/n raises her eyebrows as she looks like she's trying not to laugh.