Chapter 5

George's POV:

" are you hearing this?" Fred asks me disapprovingly as Hermione tests our knowledge.

I fiddle with the ageing potion in my hand while looking around, there's a crowd of Beauxbaton girls looking intimidating as they stand clutching each other's arms as they stand linked.

But no sign of y/n.

Part of me wanted her to be here, maybe her seeing me goofing around with Fred attempting to fool the goblet would break the ice between us. I haven't seen her around since I lost my temper at Hogsmeade.

Which I also surprisingly have managed to keep to myself, I just know if I told Fred or Lee they'd tease me about it, tell me they saw it coming and that I'm naive to think she ever cared about me.

But she really did look sorry when I confronted her, it was guilt or she's an extremely good actor.

" seriously, how could you think Dumbledore could be so stupid?" I hear Hermione's loud voice say as I get snapped back into reality, Fred rolls his eyes and walks over next to me.

" Ready Fred?" I say as I prepare what we we've desired to do since we found out about the tournament.

Y/n's POV:

" you could do so much better zen him" Fleur sighs next to me, we stand behind a statue that's darkened, the light dimming above us and everybody's attention stay on the two twins rolling about on the floor.

I chuckle at their attempt of a fight as it fails, Fred squeaks as George rolls on top of him, his arm landing on his overly long beard.

" it doesn't matter" I reassure her.

" have you put your name in?" I ask her.

She tugs at my arm, " I'm waiting for you!"

I wait until Fred and George exit as Dumbledore catches them, then I join the rest of the girls as we watch Fleur place in her name, the freshly, electric blue light from the flames showing off all her features.

We clap and cheer afterwards, the hall we are in is mainly empty as everyone has already submitted their name and no one wants to see the so called ' snobby' Beauxbaton girls enter.

I didn't notice at the first when I realise a pair of eyes on me, Lee I believe his name is, is standing crossed armed looking over at me, and not hiding it.

I remember in first year, I thought his name was Jordan since Fred and George called him by his surname all the time, George teased me constantly after that.

I look away from him and pretend like I haven't noticed him staring at me with daggers for eyes, for someone that doesn't do anything I receive an awful lot of dislike.

My worst nightmare comes true when I see him walking over to me, I jump straight to the chase since I know what it's about.

" I'm sorry for hurting for your friend" I immediately say when he approaches me.

His cold exterior fades quickly as he pulls a surprised face, " oh... that was easier than I thought" he says, returning back to his and friendly self.

I offer him an awkward smile as he stays put, seeming more relaxed.

" thank you..." he says, " I don't want to hate you, but it seems like whenever George is around you he can't tell his left from his right. He was never going to get an apology from you himself"

I chuckle a little, " it's nice you're looking out for him but there's no need"

" why? Because this time he knows you're heading back to Beaxubatons at the end of the school year?" He asks.