Chapter 19

George's POV:

Y/n drags me to where I think is Dumbledore's office but we fly past it and she's leading me in a deserted direction, I shouldn't be surprised she knows more places in Hogwarts than I do. She a twisted talent of hiding.

" this isn't the right way" I tell her in case in a very low chance she's got something wrong.

" I thought we were talking to Dumbledore?"

" we can't" she says.

" I know you'll think he'll be mad but he really isn't the type to-"

" it's not that!" She whisper shouts.

" he's already spoken to me anyway, I didn't admit anything but I'm sure he knows what I was up to" she says so casually.

With a dusted and crusty key that was hiding in her bra I believe, she unlocks the many locks to a door, it takes me a while to realise we are under Hogwarts grounds, it makes me uncomfortable.

" ah!" I say loudly and not yell, y/n reaches for me and covers my mouth with her hand, I get tingles all over.

" what are you doing?! Can't you hear I'm whispering?! What would possess you to do that?!" She says frustrated with me but I'm focusing on trying not to get turned on by it.

" sorry I wanted to see if it would echo" I say once she removes her hand, she rolls her eyes at me.

" get behind me" she says as she prepares to open the mystery door, I chuckle.

" I think I'm better off going first" I volunteer.

I want her to see me as her protector but she tilts her head at me like she knows I'm lying.

" oh just because you were better at me at defence against the dark arts in first year means nothing!" I say allowing her to go first.

She opens the door and I squeal when something that looks like a bat flies over my head, except I don't know what it really was as I was covering myself with my arms.

I clear my throat when I stand back up and y/n looks at me with a smirk on her face.

" shut up" I grumble.

" where are we?" I ask.

" a lair" she answers.

I look at her scared and puzzled, " lair?"

" kind of, death eaters are that in Hogwarts plot in here, put anything important in here I guess"

" there's no death eaters in Hogwarts" I say.

Y/n playfully places her hand on my cheek, giving it a brief stroke.

I pick up something and hate myself when I've moved away from her touch, " the marauders map?!"

" oh yeah... I had to steal that" she says guilty.

" we gave it to Harry"

" I know, he didn't notice" she shares.

I suppose everything she's done isn't by choice or what she's wanted to do so I just toss it back where it was with a grunt, " good at stealing, aren't you?"

" what's that suppose to mean?"

I grin at myself, " because you stole my heart"

Y/n doesn't want to and I see her fighting it off her face but let's out a laugh before returning back to her concentrated self.

" do you really think now is the time to flirt?"

I shake my head, " you're completely right, get back to what you were saying"

" other death eaters outside of Hogwarts have been snuck in here"

" by you?" I ask.

I regret asking when her face fills up with sadness and despair again, I'm forgetting that no matter how strong she appears she could possibly never forgive herself and that she's sharing all of his confidential information with me, something I know she struggles with.

" I'm sorry" I'm quick to apologise.

She brushes it off, " this is how Voldemort keeps track of Harry, of Dumbledore, of everyone. Which is why when we leave, we can't tell him, because they'll find out"

" are you sure?" I ask useless, knowing a war is going to happen and not being prepared sounds like a lot.

" positive"

Y/n checks the time and we hear someone from outside, a deep voice heading towards the door, I panic and bring out my wand.

But y/n easily and calmly grabs my arm, a spiralling feeling fulfilling me as we land back on Hogwarts grounds.

" you can apparate?!" I ask in shock.

" it's easy once you get the hang of it"

" you really are amazing" I tell her.

I adore watching her blush, to watch the colour of her cheeks change by me makes me feel like on top of the world, it's the closest she'll feel to knowing how she makes me feel everyday.

" thank you for standing by me through this" she says and I'm taken back.

Not because I'm hearing her apologise but because she seems to think I wouldn't have.

" I always will" I tell her.

She gives me her sweetest smile and for once in a long time I see her happy, I hate what she's been through and what's upcoming.

But it is the excuse I've been using to cover the fact she never said she loves me back.