Chapter 9

Y/n's POV:

" urgh!" I whine as I tear up a letter from my father, I'm also whining because I knew it would be from him and when I tried to shove the owl away, not wanting to accept or tear the letter from it, the animal attacked me.

" nice nest- I mean hair" George says, I haven't looked in the mirror but it's owl's claws were all over me that my hair is tangled.

" shut up" I say as I attempt to fix it.

Then I immediately feel bad when I see his adorable smile quickly fade.

" I'm sorry" I say resting my hand on his arm sympathetically, " I'm sorry I've just had a bad day and Fleur isn't around because she's training and they didn't even have croissants at breakfast and-"

George laughs sweetly and I blush at how much I've spoken all at once.

" sorry" I apologise again.

" stop apologising, I like hearing you talk" he says and he raises his hand near the side of my face but hesitates. And he puts it back down.

He's too kind to me.

" what are you in a huff about anyway?" He asks.

I open my mouth and no words come out, he looks at me odd when I just chuckle, it might have been the fact that I had a different breakfast that today is all about change, this time I don't lie to him, I don't keep it to myself.

" my dad" I say, the corner of his lips curls then disappears.

" oh..."

" well I'm always here if you need to talk or share anything" he says as he raises his hand back up again and flips an out of place piece of hair out of the way.

I chuckle again, not enjoying the comforting process. I get goosebumps from his touch, I never really received much physical touch.

" anyways, I have news" I say and George looks scared.

I turn around to check if something is behind me because of the look of fear on his face.

George's POV:

" so us Beauxbaton girls know what the first task is" She says with a sly smile.

" oh yeah?" I ask.

" uh huh" she says and I think she wants me to ask what it is.

" interesting" I say, curious to see how long she'll let this conversation go on for if I don't continue it.

" mhm" she says, we are both mainly just smiling cutely at each other.

" so thats cheating then? If Fleur knows" I say.

" it's not... not if you ask me to tell you what it is"

I laugh, " and why would you tell me, a Hogwarts student, that?"

" perhaps I just want to help yous out" she says.

As we talk, we stand against the walls and I'm itching to just hold her hand and play with her fingers or hold her waist.

" tell me what the challenge is then, I'll pass it over to Harry" I ask.

" And I'll pass it over to handsome brunette" she says, I frown at her.

" Cedric? He's not that handsome" I say.

" no but he has a pretty face"

" nO bUt He HaS a PrEtTy FaCe" I say mocking her, she slaps my arm.

" Have you bumped into my mother yet?" I ask her.

Y/n goes nervous, " no.... Is she here?"

" yeah she's supporting Harry and just watching the games and stuff"

" that's nice" she says.

" you should speak to her" I say.

" no I don't think she'd want to see me" she says trying to get out of it.

She's smart for avoiding my mum and not wanting to speak to her, ever since Molly has witnessed me swoon and cry over the years, she's held a grudge against her name.

Whenever Bill, Ron and even Charlie get girlfriends or potential girlfriends it's always.

'be careful! You don't want her to be like that y/n George used to like!'

" I think you should"

" why are you so persistent on this?" She says, sounding slightly irritated, I should know better for pushing her.

" I sorta told her you would-"

" ouch!" I say when she whacks my arm again.

" George Weasley you had no right to do that!" Y/n yells, not smiling or laughing this time.

" right you're a little aggressive" I say lightheartedly.

" why would you do such a thing? Why would you throw me into that position?" She yells but actually sounds panic - like.

" if you like we can get into the kitchens and you get them croissants you wanted-"

Y/n rolls her eyes and lets out a deep sigh that sounds like a growl.

" this wasn't very considerate of you, I don't want to sit and have tea with your mother" she tells me directly.

" oh and you know what consideration is, do you? Wasn't very considerate of you when you left me for dust! That's why you don't want to speak to my mother, you're scared because all your life you've been running away from your problems!" I yell out of bottled anger.

Y/n looks stunned and doesn't speak like she's shocked with my back talk, I feel guilty after saying everything, I should have sat down with her kindly if I knew I wasn't ready to move on.

She doesn't say anything and just storms past me hurriedly.

" y/n" I say dragging out her name as I follow her, I wouldn't dare want to end up having an avoiding game with her as I know I'd lose.

" go away" she hisses, she walks surprisingly fast despite her short legs.

" I'm sorry" I say catching up.

" no you're not"

" I am! Look you haven't exactly apologised for leaving!" I say, at this point it's my intrusive thoughts talking. The thoughts I push to the back of head and distract myself with them by looking at her smile and angel eyes. But she's not smiling right now.

" I was 11!" She snaps back at me, staring me dead in the eye, it's the most loud I've heard her voice go as it's naturally soft that I have to lean in to hear her.

" I didn't think anything of it! 11 years old! Did you want me to get down on one knee? Send you postcards? Beg you to come with me?"

" I fucking wanted you to tell me you were leaving! A little ' oh George actually I won't see you next year because Im transferring schools' would have been fine" I say whilst impersonating her shy self.

" I didn't know I was leaving until the last minute" she says through gritted teeth.

" yeah I'm sure you didn't, what a great effort it is to find and send me an owl even though that's what there for!"

" a lot more effort than you would ever know!" She says getting flustered, hairs falling out of her ponytail as she shouts.

" I defended you when my family said you were a bad person, I should have known you were trouble after it took me a week just to get your name!"

" at least unlike you I don't fall and people please everyone I meet! At least I don't need people around me and have the ability to be alone!" She says and this time when she walks away I don't chase her as she's made it back to the carriage.

I think back on our argument for the rest of the night, and wonder what she meant when she said I'd have no idea what effort it was to send an owl.