Chapter 10

Y/n's POV:

As I watch the first task, I cheer for Fleur and am happy when she's successful and I'm angry at myself for glancing over at George who's yelling with Fred, appearing like he's having the most fun in the world.

When I see him carefree and jolly I don't look at him again and leave him to it, Fleur didn't do the worst job but she didn't come first, feeling fragile and slightly disappointed she asks for a quiet night nearby the carriage with hot chocolate and marshmallows outside the forest.

But we wait for it to get dark first and that's quite a while away, I promise not to fill myself up for dinner as I go on stroll and whilst I walk the empty halls of Hogwarts I realise I don't have many friends. Classmates don't count. They're not who I spend my time with.

I creep up to the astronomy tower, when I was in my first year here I used to dream of watching the stars but I was never allowed since it wasn't available for first years.

When I walk up, I see a tall ginger and panic, immediately heading to turn around again when I trip.

Stupid long skirts.

My heel clatters as I dive into the ground, saving my face with my hands making my elbows jolt and my both knees graze against the surface.

" aren't you lot suppose to be elegant?" Fred asks looking down on me.

He makes me feel anxious, like he's judging me and if he's not saying it out loud, the kind to chat brutally about it later to his mates.

" sorry I'll get out of your way" I say when I see him busy, I've seen that pack before, George showed me it in first year. It's fireworks.

" stay" he says emotionless, I can never read him, I do as he pleases but truthfully feel no less special.

I give him an awkward smile as I walk closer, does he mean stay as in stand here and chat to him? Or stay and do whatever I came up here for?

My overthinking reminds me why I enjoy not having  a lot of friends.

I take a deep breath and sit on the tower, dangling my legs from above and holding the metal bar, resting my chin on it. I watch the some people down below, look at the world and instead of my worries fading away they grow more intense.

I don't jump when moments later Fred decides to join me, sitting by my side in the same position as I am, his legs dangle below yet go much lower as they're nearly double my length.

" you ever wondered what your life would be like if you ran away as a child?" I ask, Fred turns and looks at me. In a intrigued manner like he's listening.

" your parents would do something to annoy you, they'd win because they're the adults and the only thing you can bite back with is 'I'm running away' "

" then you'd pack your bag which only consisted of a few clothes with a chocolate bar and water, run to the end of the street then turn back and it was humiliating when you decided to come back home" I say occasionally making small chuckles as I speak without thinking.

The corner of Fred's mouth lifts, " you did that too?"

I look at him and smile, " you have as well?"

Fred looks out into the distance and laughs, slapping his thighs as he thinks, " me and George did"

" we packed a suitcase of junk instead of clothes, fizzy drinks, sweets, a whole loaf of bread and covered ourself with a blanket as we left but we only snuck around the back of our house" he says.

I smile at him, encouraging him to continue, hearing others people's happy childhoods make me feel comfort instead of envy as it's evidence not everyone is evil.