Chapter 6

Y/n's POV:

I lounge about in the carriage, surprisingly not many Beauxbatons girls like to wander the halls of Hogwarts, unless they're getting attention to which they like to lead on.

Our carriage locks from the outside making the accessible difficult, so we have to keep moving to let people in and it's no surprise when it's knocked.

But then I hear the sound of Fleur's voice arguing.

" she does not want to ze you!"

The other voice is quiet and I can't tell who it is but my only guess is George as she's the only person who knows about him, and what I've told her isn't even the full story. No one knows the full story.

I stand up and peek through the door to see George holding a bouquet of sunflowers, I blush at the sight, he offers me a small smile to which I return.

" It's okay Fleur" I tell her who is standing cross armed.

She turns her nose up at the sight of him before sashaying away.

George holds out his hand for me to take as I struggle to walk down the few steps in my uniform heels.

" thanks" I mumble, I say it once and hope he knows it's for both the help and the flowers.

" I'm sorry for leaving you at the 3 broomsticks" he says with guilt.

" no I'm sorry" I say and I mean it.

" I didn't mean to make you feel bad..." then he chuckles, " Lee told me it would make me feel better but it only made me feel worse"

Unfortunately for him, I can't give him any reasoning on why I'm sorry.

Flashback to summer in first year:

" Mum, why are we leaving Dad?" I ask while we are on the plane.

I see her dab her watery eyes with tissue.

" ton père travaille avec voldemort" she whispers in my ear.

And I don't question anymore about it.

I didn't question anymore about it until I was 14 in Beauxbtons, my mother had fallen very sick so I had to know everything before she couldn't speak at all anymore.

She died only last year, and was the last and final of her side of the family to go.

" George..." I start and then I forget how to speak.

" - I don't want to hear it" he smiles.

" y/n I'm just happy you're here, you didn't tell me a thing about you in first year but we still managed to be the best of friends" he says and he notices my questionable smile.

" maybe it was one sided" he adds and I laugh.

" the point is I don't want to force you to tell me anything, I just want to spend time with you" he says.

It catches us both off guard when I jump myself into his arms, he's shocked but he instantly catches me and hugs me back.

I wrap my arms around him and bury my head into his neck and as another gesture, I lightly plant a small kiss there before I pull away and when I do, I see him beetroot red.

"Words have never been my strong suit" I say shyly at my sudden movement and he chuckles at the ground.

" I gathered"

" one moment" I tell him.

I quickly knock on the carriage door, a girl answers and seems irritated she's had to get up.

" Merci!" I say as I slide past her.

I quickly put the flowers down in my corner, pouring my unfinished water bottle into a cup, rushing to get back outside.

When I get back outside George is still there and he looks like he's trying to hold back a smile or give nothing away.

I join him by his side, he has his hands in his pockets.

" who I said I wanted to do something with you?" He teases as I waited for him to start walking.

I catch on and let my jaw drop before turning it into a sly smile, " you telling me only came here to give me flowers?" I ask folding my arms.

He grins and turns away, trying to stop himself from smiling, " yeah just wanted to pass them along then leave"

I wait for him to tell me he's joking... unless he's not. That thought embarrasses me and I wonder if he's laughing because he really did intend on leaving afterwards.

" guess I should get going" he says and he walks away.

I don't follow and I watch him, he turns around half way through walking to evilly grin at me.

I roll my eyes and laugh to myself and begin walking back to the carriage, it would never sadden me to stay indoors.

Lanky arms wrap around my waist pulling me back as I heard his heavy footed steps run back to me.

" I suppose I can let you tag along" he says like he's deflated as we run to the castle, I have no idea where we are going but I follow.