•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1: sᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴍᴇɴ•

My dress glided down the steps behind me as I walked through the ballroom, trying to put up as much of a facade as I could. Pretending to be regal was quite a hassle really. People stopped and stared, others giving me smug looks.

It never bothered me, it was always the same shit every day. Times like this where I wanted to be a regular citizen of this country who doesn't have to worry about following orders. Why do I have to be penalized for eating too fast? Should I starve and make them feel better about themselves.

Blinded my own petty feelings, I wasn't paying any attention to the person in front of me, resulting in me bumping into their side. I tripped over my own feet, about to fall over but a hand grabbed me before I could. Their hand was positioned under my lower back while the other gently held my hand. 

 "Looks like you've fallen for me already~" The voice of my savior whispered lowly. I focused my vision on the person who held me, and immediately wanted to die. Out of all the men I had to meet first, it was this guy.

I quickly stood to my feet, stepping back. His hand retracted from my back but the other one still held my hand softly. I gently tugged it away, plastering on another fake smile.

"Thanks for catching me. My apologies for not watching where I was going, it was a silly mistake of mine that will never happen again." I slightly bowed my head, already tired of saying my rehearsed words.

"I definitely wouldn't mind if it happened again Princess." He grinned, it was most likely the same smile he used to capture any girls' heart. Certainly didn't capture mine. 

"Mmh, well I would mind if it did." The guy, who you couldn't remember the name of, slightly furrowed his brows. It appeared to me that his facade was slowly cracking away too. He straightened his collar, and cleared his throat.

"You have quite the mouth there. I like that." His hand once again went to touch my arm but I shied away, almost getting annoyed.

"I bet you do." I said under my breath.

"What was that?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing. I'll be taking my leave now, and I hope you refrain from touching me in the near future, it'll strengthen our relationship greatly." I said sarcastically, walking past him. The only thing I liked about him was his bunny smile, which was more of a smirk than a smile.

"Who were you just talking to?" A girl came up to Jungkook, both watching as you walked off. She looked in disgust, figuring out who it was while the male gazed at you with a newfound interest.

"Just someone that I'll definitely make mine~" He smirked, raking a hand through his ebony locks.

I didn't necessarily know where I was walking to, but I did know that I needed to talk with one of my 'future husbands.'  I didn't even say it aloud and it still left a bitter taste in my mouth.

My feet carried me towards a darker side of the ballroom, where most of the lounge tables were. I swept my eyes around the area, seeing nothing of importance. As I was about to take my leave, someone called out my name.

"Princess Y/n."

I turned towards the lounging area, still not seeing anyone. I squinted my eyes hoping to make out a figure. But instead of that, I nearly crapped myself feeling someone grab my shoulder from behind.

"Shit-! Uhm I mean—what are you doing?! You scared me half to death!" I could feel the heat rising to my face at the slip up. I turned around to face them, and it was the second youngest of Khodel. Taehyung was it?