•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9: ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ•

"Pardon?"

That was my first reaction to whatever nonsense he just spouted out with that deep voice of his. It caught me completely off guard but I would say that he's quite the jokester. A hilarious one, might I add.

So funny in fact, I had to prevent myself from laughing right in his face. I'd be a dying mess right now. 

If you haven't caught on, that was all complete sarcasm.

Now what I was really thinking was a tad bit different. Although, I wasn't necessarily thinking of anything at the moment. My brain froze into solid icicles. The gears refused to turn and I couldn't figure out the meaning behind whatever he just said.

I was just stuck. My thoughts were stuck, my body was stuck, and I'm 95 percent sure my heart was also stuck. 

But I didn't know why. Yes, it was because of that sentence. But what did it mean and what did I feel like? It's not like my heart was racing or I felt utterly and completely disgusted. I was just blank. Stuck. 

I hated that.

"I'm not repeating myself." Taehyung frowned slightly, beginning to back away from me. That finally left me room to breathe.

"No, I heard what you said. What—What does that even mean..?" I said in disbelief. I shifted in my seat, nearly feeling uncomfortable in his presence.

Taehyung stood there in silence, but I could faintly make out a smirk in the darkness of the night. That puzzled me even further.

"Find out for yourself, Princess Y/n." With those last words, the mysterious male began to walk away, never looking back.

As soon as I couldn't make out his back anymore, I let out a huge breath of relief, my lungs nearly collapsing inside of me. I don't know how I survived that entire time but I give myself props. 

"I can't seem to figure him out." I mumbled, admiring the flowers in front of me. I couldn't figure any of them out if I'm being honest. Now I have to solve whatever riddle he bestowed upon me.

This isn't some fairy tale.

It's highly laughable if I'm being honest. I already have too much on my plate to be figuring out this mysterious puzzle. If it comes to me, it comes. If not?

Then oh well.

                             Taehyung's POV

Was it the day I first met you? Maybe the moment you first walked down in that ravishing nightgown?

I didn't know when it started, but I surely did realize something. Something that I never knew would happen so quickly. Something that I thought was impossible for me to possess.

The feeling of love.

A feeling that I never had the pleasure of experiencing until now. The feeling of a million needles jabbing at my heart whenever you'd even glance in my direction. The exhilaration I'd get from whenever I met your skin with my own.

It felt so thrilling.

It nearly made me feel saddened to know I couldn't experience this sooner. But now I'm quite thankful; to my mother of course. I would never have met your beautiful character if it was not for her.

After all, she sent me here to complete an unforgivable task that I cannot even imagine doing anymore. But it still led me to meet you, so why not flourish in this affectionate feeling?