Special Chapter

A lot of you have been messaging me for a special chapter and yesterday while having my break, I finally decided to write one. Impromptu chapters aren't my forte for I'm used to my usual outlined chapters so please, bear with me. Hope you enjoy! And oh, happy birthday, Lili!

Special Chapter

"No." Joey uttered in a cold manner. Napangisi ako saka napailing at marahang sinulyapan sila Vesper at Vail na nasa harapan namin.

Vesper groaned in disappointment while Vail rolled her eyes.

"KJ!" Himutok ni Vail at tinalikuran kami para umupo rin sa isa pang sofa ng aking condo unit dito sa Grande de Vermont.

"Come on, Joey! You two just got engaged, we need to hold a party for it! You're the second one to get engaged after Kraij among the rest of us!" Vesper convinced even more. Her brown eyes are lit up and she's trying to make her voice as convincing and innocent as possible but knowing her real attitude, I just couldn't let her facade got away.

"Can't believe na inunahan niyo talaga kaming magkapatid." Vail chuckled humorously.

They're trying to convince us to party in Nightlight to celebrate Joey and I's engagement in Arden. Or maybe, they're just trying to convince Joey, because I'm okay with it, anyway. Si Joey ang ayaw.

Kakabalik lang namin mula sa Arden kagabi at nandito na agad sila Vesper at Vail para pilitin kami. They must be all shock when Joey posted something on her Instagram account — her hand with a diamond ring on her ring finger — two days ago.

"I don't wanna." Muling sagot ni Joey at umiling pa. She crossed her arms and just silently rest her head on my shoulder.

Inakbayan ko si Joey at hinalikan sa sentido. She cutely smiled at me in return. Umungot si Vesper nang makita 'yon at iritadong tumingin na lang kay Vail, mukhang nanghihingi ng tulong.

The latter just shrugged. "Just let it go, Ate. Ayaw naman ni Joey. And we're not even sure if our other cousins would join, they're bunch of KJs too!"

"Oh come on, not you too!" Asik ni Vesper at ginulo ang buhok niya. Kinagat ko ang labi ko para pigilan ang tawa. She's so frustrated.

I sighed and bit my lip. Gumalaw ako ng kaunti dahilan para mapatingin si Joey sa akin. I smiled at her and softly kissed her right cheek.

"Baby, pumayag ka na..." I lowly muttered and kissed her cheek once more.

She breathed heavily by the contact like she's getting affected by it but she quickly calmed herself and patted my shoulder lightly, signaling me to back away. And so I did.

Tinitigan niya ako kaya ginawaran ko pa rin siya ng maliit na ngiti. Her lips twitched when she saw me smiling but just like earlier, she calmed herself and went serious again.

"Why? Do you wanna party?" Simple niyang tanong.

Ngumuso ako at sinulyapan sila Vesper. Nakatingin sila sa amin ngayon na parang mga nasa sinehan. Vail seems like she wants to laugh while Vesper is looking at us like we're some kind of aliens.

Tumango lang si Vesper nang makita akong pasimpleng sumusulyap, mukhang nakuha niya na nanghihingi ako ng senyales kung ano ang isasagot ko kay Joey. Huminga ako ng malalim at mabilis na binalik ang tingin kay Joey na seryoso pa ring naghihintay ng sasabihin ko.

I slowly nodded at my fiancée. But when her face grim, I instantly knew that was not the reaction that she wanted to hear from me.

"Why do you wanna party? We could drink here naman. You want to see some girls, don't you?" Akusa niya naman agad sa nagbabantang tono.