Chapter 8- An old friend

Engrossed in searching for what Monokuma had in store, you pushed away some branches from the mangrove trees.

Staring back at you, was a huge, six feet tall metallic creature, a ferocious smile on its frightful face. You fell over, letting out a scream.

"Fancy seein' you here, Y/N!" It boomed, its voice echoing across the beachside. "But keep it down, will ya? You're rather loud!"

"I-" you found yourself at a loss of words, your eyes wide open, lips quivering while trying to find words. "I'm loud?! Your voice was probably heard by everyone on the island!"

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Nagito came running along with the others, hearing loud voices. Miss Sonia pulled you back on your feet, kindly brushing off the dust.

"Who- what the hell is this thing?!" Fuyuhiko exclaimed, taking a step back after seeing what had made you lose your balance.

"Did Monokuma send you here?" demanded Tanaka, wrapping his scarf around his neck.
"If you intend on hurting us, I will not let that happen! My four dark devas of destruction shall fight along side me!"

But yet there was something eerily familiar about this robot. You couldn't say why...but his voice, his body, his ferocious, noisy demeanor was exactly like-

"N-Nekomaru?!"

Hajime gasped, his eyes enlarging in utter shock. No one had heard of Nidai since Monokuma had attacked him with his bazooka and later had rushed him to the hospital.

"Finally recognised me, have ya? I'm back, good as new!"

"Is it really you, Nekomaru? What happened to your body?"

"Soooo, do you all like it?" Monokuma came into view, grinning ear to ear.
"It took quite a while to fix him up, because many parts of his body were critically damaged and beyond repair, so I decided to give him a whole new body instead! Amazing, aren't I?"

"Neko...maru?" Akane walked upto the giant creature, disbelief plastered on her face.
"I thought I'd never see you again...after what happened I thought you..." She couldn't finish, but her face broke into a watery smile.

"Good to have you back, Nekomaru!" Soda grinned, patting his hands all over Nidai's body. He looked uncomfortable, even for a robot.

"Your new body really is gorgeous...do you mind letting me take it apart sometime?"

"I don't mind, provided you can put it together again. By the way, sorry for startling you there, Y/N," he said apologetically

"It's fine," you said, your heart somewhat light at the reunion. Everyone seemed so happy after a long time. It stirred some hope inside you, too. "I'm just pleased to see you again."

"Heh...right back atcha."

Suddenly a bruised and bleeding Monomi stumbled into view, her body knocked out of breath but her face happy and upbeat.

"Hello, children!" She chimed, smiling "I've just defeated another Monobeast! Now you all have another island for yourselves to explore! Isn't that amazing? And I managed to do it without my Magic stick..." She said, her voice becoming reproachful, "because big bad Monokuma broke it..."

"Are you alright?" Nanami said, looking slightly concerned at Monomi's bleeding head. "Those wounds look kinda bad..."

"Who cares about her?" Monokuma said, annoyed at not being the centre of attention. "You kids have a whole Island to explore! Stop worrying about my dumb pig sister!"

"P-pig sister?"

Leaving Monokuma and Monomi bickering, you approached Nagito.

"Do you want to explore the island with me?"