Chapter 27- A Bullet of Desolation

"Aw, it looks like I'm cornered, after all!" Junko put her hands up to her head, pretending to tremble in fear.
"You win, hope-fanboy. But I don't need to give you any answers because- your dear lover is with us, this very moment!"

I almost drop the gun in astonishment.
"She's with us? You mean Y/N? Where?

She moved aside to reveal a silhouette seemingly tied to a chair with thick, sturdy rope. The familiar hair...the body shape...

"It really is you! Hey! Y/N!" I call out to her, loosening my grip on the gun. "Talk to me. Please!"
The figure did not move a muscle. She was slumped over with her head drooping on the chair.
"Is she unconscious?" I yell at Junko. "Tell me!"

Slowly, the silhouette raised her head. The dull lamp directly above her head dawned a some light on her face. Little by little, her face was revealed to me as air filled my still lungs. I had been holding my breath in anxiety.
It was Y/N.
Wait...was it Y/N?

A toothy grin was plastered to her face, reaching from ear to ear. She had always had a wide, enchanting smile, but this...this was not what-
Saliva flood out the corner of her mouth, just like Mikan's. Her eyes were stretched wide open. Her face was distorted to me, an expression I could not process and could not stand.

"You...called, Ko Senpai...?"

Her words were collapsing one over another, like she was legless.
"I've been waiting for you...me, and Mikan, and Junko...and Mitarai...all of us you've kept waiting. Why are you pointing that gun at me?"

She enquired, her voice sickeningly, stomach-churningly sweet.

"Hehehehe...are you planning on shooting me right through my heart? Then do it now, won't you?" Y/N tilted her head in anticipation.
"Being shot by the one you love...isn't it arousing and despairing at the same time?"

"What did you to her," I snarl quietly. "Give her back. Put her back to the way she was!"

"Why do you hate Junko so much?" Y/N hissed frustratedly.

"You really shouldn't judge people without knowing them, you know. She made me feel so good! The weight of morals, etiquette, kindness, rationality...it is all off my shoulders now!
"Now, the only thing I need to worry about is to make you mine. Sure, it hurts for a while, but..."

Her swirling, empty eyes bulged in her sockets as she burst out laughing, the chair creaking with her sudden movements. "In the end, it feels amazing! Let's rot into nothingness together! Let's destroy the world hand in hand!"

"I've seen enough," I say. There's a large lump in my throat. My hand grips the gun tighter and my finger coils into the trigger. I point it directly at Junko but all of a sudden, it feels like my standing body is paralysed, I can't move, I can't speak-
A gentle but firm hand grabs the side of my waist and I can only turn my eyes around at its owner-

I see that he has incredibly scarlet eyes, so dark that it was curious how he could even see out of them. He had long raven hair which hung over his eyes in strands.
Before I had the time to take in the rest of his appearance, he swiftly plucks the gun out from my hand, twirls himself around with the grace of a ballet dancer, and shoots a bullet into my chest.

For a brief moment, it seemed my body would stay upright, but then I fell through, Chiaki catching my head at the last moment.

"NAGITO!"
She screams, utterly aghast, gliding her fingers through my forehead.
Out of the corner of my eye, as I lay flat on the ground, I see Y/N.
She is leering sickeningly at me, while simpering softly. Mikan unties her from the chair, she drops down low on her knees, her hands anchored on the floor. The corner of her eyes crinkle up as wraps her arms around Junko's middle from the back, hooking her fingers together.