Chapter 33- I Absolutely Resent You.

"Even if it's a beautiful lie... it's still a lie! I refuse to replace Nagito with a fictional character!"

Her voice echoes across the Trial Ground, bouncing off the walls and rocketing into our ears. I can tell everyone of us was considering pulling the lever and being trapped here forever.

"Fuck...I can't believe I was about to..." Fuyuhiko clenches his face between his hand. "I was just so...drawn to the idea of... being with Peko..."

"Me too...I thought Gundham-"

"Dayumn, you're all so stupid!" Junko remarks irritatedly. "I offer you an option between eternal paradise and a broken world which you all had a part in destroying...and you're choosing that broken world?"

"Yes." I say. "We'll fix our broken world...together."

"You really are...well, can't say I didn't think this kind of positive goody-goody resistance wouldn't be coming up...well, Kamakura? You must be overjoyed. Turns out you did have a Talent after all-"

Suddenly, there's this pulsating, overwhelming feeling which tingles every inch of my body from the tips of my toes to the top of my sun-colored hair, like a strong energy had awoken and decided on doing it's fighting, for me.

"I AM HAJIME HINATA! THAT'S BEEN MY NAME EVER SINCE I WAS BORN!"

"And as for me..." Y/N said quietly, pulling an object out of her pocket. "I promised I would destroy the mastermind. But you're already dead..."

She takes off running to where Junko's AI was stationed, holding a hammer in her right hand. I recognised it immediately. It was the very same hammer which Monokuma used to slam down on the red button at every trial, yelling the two words sentencing the blackened to death.

"No, stop it, you're batshit crazy!! What are you trying to do?! STOP IT!"
Junko shrieked as Y/N reached her and swung the hammer into the AI, crashing it open immediately. Y/N bashed the wooden weapon into Junko's screaming-flickering AI phone again and again. As she mutilated Junko's last remnant, I heard her mouth something over the chaos, but could tell exactly what she was saying.

"Punishment time."

This world begins to glitch. My surroundings buffer and blur out in places, but I can still see my friends, loud and clear.

"Let's escape this Island, all at once! Even if we'll never see our friends... let's follow the path which leads us to hope!"

"Yeah!" Akane yells. "I promise to not forget any one of you guys!"

"Me neither!" Sonia consents. "And even if I do...make me remember, okay?"

"You bet we will!" Fuyuhiko smiles.

"All right! Let's go, guys!" Kazuichi agrees.

Everyone turns towards Y/N, who walked back to her position on the stadium. She nods, her eyes travel around in a circle looking at all of us one last time, before we all forget each other.

All around me, my friends' raise their hands above the red button. Then we all slam our fists down on it in unison.

Goodbye despair.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(Y/N L/N POV, Neo World Programme Rehabilitation Cetre)

It feels like my body has been asleep for ages, chained and drugged into a comfortable position, with only my mind having the accessibility to roam free. I open my eyes in what feels like a thousand years of confinement.
There is a dark ceiling above me, I jerk myself upright. Immediately my back aches. I can tell I've awoken in millennials.