Chapter 21- Your Suffering In Silence

Y/N sat across the dining table in the kitchen, dark bags beneath her eyes as a result of not being able to slumber a wink all night. Her arms were folded and she could not ingest the bowl of cereal in front of her, for it felt like she would vomit it out within a heartbeat.

What was Komaeda going to do? Where had he gotten it? Having purchased it illegally as a minor, what if someone traced it to his location? Why had he lied to his teacher? What if-

"Good morning!"
A dreaded familiar voice greeted behind her. Ko walked up to her in the kitchen and planted a kiss on her forehead. His breath smelt like peppermint.

"Is something wrong?" Out of the corner of her eye, Y/N realised with a jerk that he was carrying that bag with him. It had the grenade inside it. She could even see the bulge.
"Wish me luck for my practicals, hm? I studied hard so-"

"Ko Senpai," she whipped around to face him and forced a small smile. "How about...you don't go today?"
Ko said nothing and stood still in surprise.

"Call your teacher and tell her you're still sick. We could spend the day in watching movies, just like you wanted! I would even skip school for today, just for you. When was the last time we had fun together?" She took both his hands in hers and pleaded with her eyes, making them look as innocent and suggestive as possible.

"Well...this is unexpected, but-" he gave her hand a squeeze and smiled apologetically. "I'm afraid I can't."

"What? Why not?!"

"My teacher said that if I didn't, I would have to repeat this entire semister all over again. And that would be quite inconvenient, wouldn't it?"

"B-But-"

"Don't fret! After the practicals, I'm all yours." He gently pulled his hands away despite her clutching on to it.
With that he walked out of the house, only having politely said no but Y/N felt shivers travel and unfurl all over her body.
.
.
.
.
.
She sat on her desk by the window, twirling a pen between her fingers and waiting for the teacher to arrive. She stared out the window into the Reserve Course Department Building, expecting to maybe see Hinata. But there were a lot of faceless students piling out of the building, making it impossible to recognise one single entity.

Suddenly, a huge explosion rumbled through the entire building, shaking the chairs and desks. Debris and large broken particles of bricks and cements shot up forth the sky and landed on some of the Reserve Course students screaming in shock. Y/N gasped and clutched after a glass paper weight that fell off her desk and broke into pieces in the rumbling. Everyone in her classroom screamed in shock and consternation.

The consequences of the sudden explosion suddenly quietened, as the place went back to what it was.
"What- what the living fuck was that?!" A boy yelled, placing both his hands over his head. Y/N stayed silent as the teachers phoned the authorities to retrieve the injured and dead from under the large pieces of debris. They begun the investigation immediately. The explosion had occured at the large gym in Hope's Peak School, where the seniors were having their practicals. Only a few were hurt, and two were dead. Then something was announced which made Y/N sick in the stomach.
A student from class 77-B had been caught up during the explosion. His name was-
Nagito Komaeda.
.
.
.
.
"Well, wasn't that unfortunate,"
Komaeda said nonchalantly, jabbing a piece of meat with a fork and shoving it into his mouth. "Why would they punish an innocent bystander? I got suspended for four months just because I happened to be at that place during the time of the incident. I was just going to observe the seniors and-"