Chapter 30- Our Last Class Trial

"AHAHAHAHA! THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!"

Flicking off the blood from a freshly made scar, Y/N stood in the midst of dozens of Monokuma heads, having defeated them all. Extremely tired, she slumped her back on a wired fence and her body slowly slid down to the floor in a sitting position.

"So cold..."

The queer group of children had without any objections, allowed her to play in the game they were so fond of, certain she would get killed within a minute of her foolish insisting. But here she was, having the time of her life.

Walking around, she saw that there was somebody else here, two girls about the same age.
Y/N noticed the older girl had long, braided dark purple hair and was wearing a long dress the same color. She looked extremely disheveled and jittery, her irritable high pitched voice ringing out when she saw her.

"Who- who are you??" She demanded, pulling out a taser gun immediately.

"Woah, woah there!" Y/N exclaimed, smiling to appear friendly. She quickly tried to come up with an alias, saying the first name on her mind.
"My name is...Chiaki. I assure you that I am not an enemy!"

"Toko, wait!" The younger girl said, grasping Toko's wrist. She had short, olive green hair, who was dressed in a dirty but formal skirt and shirt.
"She must be stuck in this game just like us! We shouldn't try to attack her!"

"That is correct," Y/n said, hiding her metal bat behind her back. "I'm so glad I found some other normal people! It was so frightful out there..."

"Really?" Toko said, not convinced. "I'm not as naive as Komaru is...tell me, why does your weapon have blood on it?"

"Because I defended myself from those crazy children!" Y/N's voice was beseeching to attract sympathy, as she got the bat out.
"Anyways, what brings you guys here?"

"You say it like we want to be here..." Toko muttered, putting the gun away.
Before Y/N had come, they had been gazing into the large water body that extended further than her vision could see. With a jolt, she realised there was a boy swimming at full speed to the other side.

"What the- get that child out of there!" She yelled, without thinking.
Komaru and Toko looked at her, surprised by her sudden outburst. But it was too late, there was a huge explosion at the exact spot where the boy had been, an enormous tsunami-like detonation spurted huge walls of water all around, making it rain as it splattered back down.

As a weak-kneed Komaru was being consoled by a shaken Toko, Y/N was shocked at her own response at realising a child she had never known was about to die. She had been given the bracelet too; which made sure she could never escape from Towa City. So she knew...swimming wasn't an option.

Why did I care?
She seethed, her nails clawing into her head.
I am a Remnant of Despair. I am supposed to be cherish this misfortune. I am supposed to-

"Hey, you're really s-suspicious," Toko said. "How did you know Yuta was in danger?"

"That is...that is because..." Y/N retaliated, trying to suppress the war her own mind was waging on her.
"I- I saw that happen to somebody else..."

"W-Well, let's get out of here," Toko said, helping Komaru up. "We have to find a way to get to the Adults' secret base and escape. You coming?"
She looked at Y/N, who was still struggling to keep her mind calm.