DRIVER ACTIVATED

Allen Bradley was never much of an aggressive driver. When in cutthroat LA traffic he tended to be too passive to get anywhere in a hurry. He made much better time when he rode in a company car with a driver who knew precisely when to honk and rev the engine to fight his way through the sprawling city. So he was quite surprised at himself when he fired up the light runner and started drifting like one of those ridiculous car movies that Jet was always going on about.

That something slammed into the side of the runner and sent it spinning across the slick road. He clutched the wheel and watched with detached horror as they spun and crashed into a mass of crates with a deafening crunch.

Allen shook his head and looked out to see what had hit them.

He had been expected another car or something similar. What he had not been expecting was a single figure to casually stroll towards them. His eyes glowed an unnerving shade of red.

"I told you I would have my answers the easy way or the fun way. And quite luckily for me. You bunch of miscreants seem to want to make my day" He cracked his knuckles and stalked towards them.

"Drive Allen!" Lora's voice screeched in his ear. His wife's voice knocked him out of his temporary mental stall. He spun the wheel and peeled out of the mass of crates, taking a hard right and speeding down a narrow alley. He spared a look in the rearview display. Sam and Quorra were leaning out the open back of the runner, firing bolts of energy from their light staffs. But from the looks of things Pavel was gaining on them, running at insane speeds. They were only slowing him down.

Wait. Sam. Quorra.

"Where's Jet!?" Allen roared. Anger and panic flaring to life in his tone.

"He fell out" Sam Bawled "We need to shake this maniac and circle back for him"

Allen grit his teeth, He turned out of the alley and onto an open freeway with vehicles whizzing one ribbons of light. He weaved in and out of traffic, trying to shake the man running after them.

"Lora! Do you know where Jet is?"

There was a furious clacking of keys that almost eclipsed the sounds of the traffic and the high pitched blasts of Quorra and Sam's barrage.

"Hes back by that warehouse. Hes still. No wait! Hes moving! I think he's on his light cycle or something he's going very fast"

She paused and Alan gripped the wheel with white knuckles his terror for his son keeping his fear with his current predicament from surfacing.

"I cant get through to Jet. I don't know why hes not answering" Lora's voice betrayed her worry.

"Keep trying" Alan ordered. He looked back and saw Pavel speeding after them, still gaining. Allen snarled with a fury he hadn't felt in a very long time.

"Hold on" He yelled, swerving onto an off ramp and onto a less busy road. He had an idea of how to shake this madman and go find his son.