PLANNING SEQUENCE INITIATED

Sam began to wonder how Alan was taking all the staring with so much grace. Because he was about to go nuts. It made sense in the abstract that all the programs in the Grid would know his name. His dad wasn't exactly the type to keep news quiet. So even if they didn't know Sam as a person. They definitely knew who he was. Which was getting old very quickly.

"So you're really Sam Flynn, as in 'the Son of Flynn'?" Zed, asked Sam skeptically.

"Yeah, I just go by Sam. If you try to call me 'User Sam Flynn' Ill throw a wrench at you" Sam said gruffly as he fiddled with the motivation array on his light cycle.

"Sorry, no disrespect. You just don't seem much like a User"

"What are Users like?" Sam asked, giving the program a sideways look. The program, to his credit, tried not to flinch back at Sam's scrutiny. He had a good bit of spine all things considered.

"I dunno. I never really met one. I had a friend who knew a guy that lived in Tron city that met Flynn one time. Word was he was friendly, but really confusing"

Sam tilted his head back, considering the words "Y'know, your friend of a friend wasn't wrong"

"You arent that confusing......Though you are uh friendly I guess" Zed said lamely, probably realizing that to say otherwise would be a backhanded insult. Sam snorted, then squinted at the scored code along the rim of his wheel. That's where the extra humming was coming from. He yanked at the line and started to fix it. He had ridden the thing from the sanctuary to Gallium and the squealing sound the front tire made on turns was annoying.

"Glad to hear it. I've always wanted to be a 'friendly' guy" He said sarcastically.

"You're uh, gonna mess up your alignment if you do that" Zed said, then cleared his throat. "But uh, if you meant to do that then I won't question your decision to do so" He looked back to his project, the depurposing machine with renewed focus. Probably realizing that he was digging himself further and further into a hole with this conversation.

Sam stopped his work on the code, turning It over in his hands.

"How's it gonna mess up the alignment?" He asked. The program hesitated then shuffled over to where Sam sat on the floor with the translucent pieces of his light cycle before him. Zed drew a finger along the frame of the front wheel.

"If you fix it in that direction its gonna start pullling this direction. See" He pointed to another line. "You gotta do the adjustment here to avoid that"

"Huh. Good to know" Sam said appreciatively.

"No problem" Zed said, moving back to his own task.

Sam looked Zed up and down, suddenly curious "How did you end up joining the uprising anyway? You're a mechanic program right?"

"Uh yeah. But Ive had to kind of expand my capabilities since joining up. Frankly Ive gotten closer to being an engineer at times" Zed preened at this, happy for his skill upgrades "But as to how I joined the uprising, well I have Mara to thank for that" Zed looked back to the blue haired female who was currently speaking to Tron and Quorra on the other side of the room. At the end of the cycle she had come to retrieve Zed to come to work the next day. Apparently, they had just gotten a bunch of Dyson's machines that needed fixing and the garage was short a mechanic with Zed here. She had walked in right in the middle of Tron's explanation of how he had broken out of CLU's repurposing long enough to crash his light jet and allow Flynn, Sam and Quorra to make it to the portal. She had actually screamed and drawn her disc in surprise when she saw Tron. Sam had to admire her reflexes.