...SEARCHING...

Allen really did have to wonder who had built Gem's roadster. Because frankly, it was a marvel of engineering. She had ushered them all out of the vehicle then activated a hard light keyboard on the hood. With a few taps the roadster started glowing blue and swiftly grew wings.

Quorra looked on with considerable surprise.

"I know Flynn experimented with adjustable vehicle files back in the early days of the Grid. He found that they didn't last as long as the static files so he eventually scrapped the idea. I didn't know any of those old prototypes existed" she said with wonder as the now bulbous cockpit of the roadster-flier slid open.

"Zuse has many contacts and a passion for relics. I believe he found this flier and gave it to a particularly odd mechanic program to modify and perfect. It was captured by CLU's forces quite recently. But of course they had no idea of its history, nor even that it could convert to a flier. Zuse reacquired it, and now it should serve to take us out over the sea" she breezed into the pilot's seat.

"Shotgun" Allen said, taking the liberty of jumping into the front, making Jet give him a pouting glare.

"Sure, make me be the third wheel back here with lovebirds number 1 and 2"

"Kid, you must respect the sanctity of the ancient rite of 'shotgun'"

"What, ancient like you?" Jet muttered.

Sam sat in the middle of the back seat, throwing an arm over Jet's shoulders.

"Come on buddy, don't you wanna chill back here with me and Quorra? I promise we'll keep the making out to a minimum"

Jet jabbed Sam in the stomach with an elbow, making him cough in between laughs.

"You two are lucky Lora is not here. She would scold you for fighting" Quorra chuckled.

"Which is such a double standard because she doesn't bat an eye when you go all crazy and beat us all senseless during ultimate Frisbee" Jet countered.

"Your 'Frisbee' can hardly be called ultimate" Quorra scoffed.

With a gentle hum the flier hovered over the cube-shape sand of the beach. Then, with the barest jerk they took off, making crests of water spray behind them.

They flew between sheer spires of rock, out towards the open water. Sam leaned towards the front seat, somewhat unwillingly since it put him in closer proximity to Gem.

"Hey, since the security programs probably can't track our signal all the way out here do you think now a good time to get in touch with Lora? We kinda need her guidance here. I just don't wanna get us cornered again" he directed his question pointedly at the older man.

Allen pursed his lips at Sam's poor manners but considered the question.

"The most likely scenario is that CLU placed full frequency monitoring inside city limits. I'm not sure what his full surveillance capabilities are but I can tell you from what I was able to study of the Sea, the errant code and radiation it gives off is going to make tracking us nigh impossible. Frankly I think Lora's going to have a hard time of it and she's got a direct link" Allen stroked his jaw as he continued, eyes steady on the horizon to avoid getting motion sick. He had never been a fan of flying.

"Your thoughts Quorra?" Sam asked, looking to his wife.

"I agree, tracking signals over the Sea has always been difficult due to its unpredictability. Most sensors just aren't adapted for it"

"What do you think Gem?" Allen asked, knowing that Gem had already demonstrated skill at evading CLU's minions.

Gem jumped and looked at him, clearly tongue tied for a moment.