NEW LOCATION UNLOCKED

Jet woke to a throbbing in his head. What was this? The third time in a row he was waking up with a headache? He tried to roll over, groaning, when he realized his arms were pinned beneath him. This startled him.

He wrenched his eyes open to find himself in a dark and empty room. He was on the ground on his side, his hands cuffed behind him.

Confusion and panic warred inside him. But he didn't have much time to ponder what had happened to him as a figure entered the room. What shocked him was that they had Tron's symbol on their chest, yet he could tell from the frame that this was definitely not his father's program. Unless Tron was using his camouflage subroutine to look like a woman.

Jet struggled to sit up, blinking past the pain in his head. The good news was the pain and dizziness were quickly receding.

The program held up a disc, a hologram of Jets face slowly circling over it.

"I tried to access your disc. But found it's contents were protected behind a firewall. I've never seen that done before" the lady Tron said. Her voice gurgled by her helmet.

Jet shrugged noncommittally "Walking around with all my deepest secrets on my back seemed sort of risky. I decided to put a pass-code on the thing" frankly Jet didn't understand why most programs wouldn't try to put password protection on their discs. Did anyone walk around with a phone that didn't at least have a lock screen nowadays?

The program weighed the disc in her hand.

"I want to know how you did this. And what you know about repurposing"

Jet blinked.

"Why would you want to know that?"

"It doesn't matter why I want to known it" the program crouched down to his level and activated the disc, making it hum.

Jet stiffened at the threat.

"All that matters is you tell me everything you know"

"Everything I know? That's gonna be a lot. You sure you don't want to get like the abridged version? Because, you know you probably don't want everything I know about like, geckos or something" Jet rambled on. He tended to talk when he was nervous.

The program grabbed him by the front of his suit and held him up. Jet's eyes bugged to see she lifted him easily with one arm. Was everyone on the Grid super strong?

"How about we just focus on important things. Because I get very annoyed when people waste my time. When I get annoyed people start getting derezzed. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yeah, yeah, super clear, basically opaque. Oh wait, translucent not opaque. Always get those mixed up ha" Jet veered his head away from the disc the program was shoving in his face.

The lady Tron studied him for a moment before dropping him back to his knees. He leaned back to keep his cuffed hands hidden behind him. He had been fiddling with their code for a couple minutes now. He'd found their basic command node. Though he was working blind, he found that a lot of things in the Grid worked pretty intuitively. Jet figured he had them about half open right now. He just had to keep this program talking. The good news was. Jethro Bradley was pretty good at talking.

"Let's start with something simple. How did you manage to firewall your disc? It shouldn't be possible"

This line of questioning seemed all right to Jet. He wasn't entirely sure what he could and couldn't share. If he was lucky, this program was one of the resistance fighters that Tron had trained. If she wasn't then the things he knew about the Grid could be very dangerous in the wrong hands.