MASKING SUCCESSFUL

Tron lead the way through the streets of Gallium. Though it had been quite a few cycles since his last visit there, the basic layout of the city was the same.

A patrol of black guards pinged on his passive sensors. They marched into view, so Tron calmly guided himself and the Users behind him to the left side of the street. The black guards saluted him as they passed but didn't try to stop him.

He had to admit, Alan-Ones camouflage subroutine was quite flawless. His light lines were orange again, though there were more of them then he had had as Rinzler. He had stripes to mark him as a mid level security program. Enough to make your average foot-soldiers want to straighten up around him but not so high a rank that they wondered who this commander they didn't recognize was.

What's more, if he had walked through the city as Rinzler, the city admin would have heard about it. Even though General Lovelace was not the most ruthless of CLU's Generals, she was one of his most effective and as a bonus hated Rinzler.(Gem had informed them this was the case, Tron for his part could not remember why)

So it was best Tron not walk through Gallium looking even remotely like himself. He looked back to view the party he was escorting.

Alan-One nodded to him, his helmet and visor up for once.

Gem had been adamant that they needed disguises that would integrate well and make sense given their numbers.

So, she had decided they would be an industrial inspection team. Alan-One, Sam Flynn, and Jet were disguised as mid-level admin programs. The type that conducted system inspections and data transfers. Gem was insistent that this would explain their facial features when Jet and Sam happened to reveal their faces. Tron had agreed that the Users wouldn't be able to easily pass as low level programs given their features. They simply looked too unique.

For obvious reasons neither Tron nor Alan-One would be able to reveal their faces while they were in the city.

Gem was in her usual guise as a Grid Siren, which Quorra had adopted as well. Though the former ISO looked distinctly less comfortable in her new white outfit. Within the group, they would be the assistants to the admin programs.

Tron rounded out the group as the security expert for the team. Alan-One and Lora Prime had worked with Gem to forge them credentials. Now they could pass through most any checkpoint without much notice. So long as they stayed in the industrial districts.

No one wanted to tangle with inspectors.

Tron had to admit, Gem was incredibly skilled at espionage. Although, given that she was one of the few ISO's to survive the Purge, her survival had necessitated skill.

"We're nearly to the train depots" Tron said quietly over his shoulder. The street was getting more crowded up ahead and he didn't want to risk speaking once they drew closer. Now came the riskier part of their plan. Even though they had credentials to get through checkpoints, General Lovelace required all programs to present their discs before they could board a passenger train to Argon. Any suspicious programs would be immediately detained.

Since they couldn't risk discovery in that way, Lora-Prime had found several trains loaded with various commodities on their way to Argon. If they could sneak onto one of those then it was their best bet to get to Argon undetected.

All told, this trip had not been terribly difficult. Most of their party had a good understanding of how to avoid attention and blend in to the populace. Except for one of them that was.

"Whoops! Sorry" Jet said.

Tron whipped his head around to see that a low level program had accidentally brushed against Jet's shoulder. The program looked utterly shocked that this admin had apologized to HER. Instead of the other way around.