.....RESOLUTION

She wasn't sure quite when time seemed to matter.

At first, future didn't matter because past did not exist. She was infinite present. She had no name.

But that didn't mean she didn't have opinions.

Nor was she alone.

There was another like her.

He existed like her. But he had even more opinions than she did.

She hung over the great city.

Lights in vibrant colors twinkled in the dimness.

Figures moved about constantly, building, laughing, existing.

She was content to just observe

The city was the first thing that was. But other things were built soon after. All manner of things were added, functions of the world started to take shape.

Clouds formed. The first storm in the world began to brew. She watched in fascination. He seemed concerned.

"Not good" He commented. His voice was merely an idea, a shock of static between clouds.

"Why?" She asked, little more than the whisper of wind.

"Chaos will work its way in. Things will start collapsing"

"You are sure" an observation

If he had shoulders he might have shrugged "It's a high probability"

"That will make it hard for them"

Then came the shock, or perhaps it was a shift.

A bolt of energy shot through the sky, loud and immensely powerful.

"Interesting" He said, amused.

She turned back to the city. It had grown. He could amuse himself with clouds , storms and chaos. She would watch the beings, the programs.

They grew in number. There were so many of them. They were unique, vibrant, lovely. She wanted to know where they came from. She watched as they compiled in the heart of the first city. Building blocks stringing together in a whirlwind of light.

From this a new life was made.

And they would wander outward from there. Filling each new web of light.

Molding the world in color.

"They are wonderful" She said. She was certain about this opinion.

"I guess so. How are they made though?" He asked, more interested in the process than the end result.

She didn't particularly care "Someone makes them" She guessed. That made sense. Things had to be made. Though she wasn't sure if that applied to her.

>>>>>FORWARD>>>>

The cities grew. The beings were called programs. The one who made them was called a User. They all had functions, purposes in this world. Immensely complex, elegant really.

She hovered over the city when she felt a disturbance. Screams echoed between the buildings. Fear. That was rare here.

"Like I said, chaos" The other watcher mused.

Segments of buildings began to fall. Small creatures were eating away at it.

"Grid bugs" She hissed. She didn't know how she knew the term. But she was certain that's what they were.