-02-

I hid the note under my desk and started to unfold it.
'𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜?'
I looked up from the piece of paper and gazed at the people near me, until I caught Tyler looking at me smiling. I scribbled down on the note and passed it back to him.
'𝙽𝚊𝚑, 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚞𝚙. 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚞𝚊𝚐𝚎.'
I heard him laugh under his breath. Another note slipped onto my desk, again opening it.
'𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔?'
I could tell we were going to be talking through notes the rest of the lesson. I passed a note back to him, and the teacher turned around and looked at me suspiciously, as I quickly pulled away. I froze in my seat, with an awkward smile. She turned back to the board and wrote down some weird equations. You could see Tyler opening the note in the corner of your eye.
'𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑.'
He nodded to himself, passing another note after scribbling on it. I reached my hand out and he placed it in my palm. "Hey! Are you passing notes in my class?!" The woman yelled. I looked at the teacher who was glaring at Tyler. Everyone was staring.
"I was-" Tyler begun making up an excuse.
"It was my idea, miss!" I cut in.
She looked from Tyler to me, adjusting her glasses she leaned onto her desk.
"You. See me at recess." She said, directly to me.

I walked back to my maths class and saw the teacher at her desk waiting. I had to make up some random excuse about why I was passing the notes. Finally I got dismissed...with a warning. I walked out of the classroom when someone jumped out in front of me.
"What the fu-" I yelled before a hand covered my mouth.
Tyler stood in front of me, with his finger to his mouth as a gesture to be quiet. I licked his hand and he pulled away wiping it on his top.
"Ew." He whined, fake gagging.
I smirked at him and then walked away.
"Hey, wait!" He called, running up beside me.
I continued to walk down the hall, glancing at the curly haired boy.
"Thanks... for uh" he started.
"It's all good, I didn't get in that much trouble anyway." I reassured him. He smiled slightly and we arrived outside.
"See you later, Tyler." I said walking towards Mei.
"Bye!" He yelled after me.
I sat next to Mei on the bleachers with the rest of the group.
"Hey" She said.
I watched her write stuff down on a notebook. I was curious as to what they were doing.
"Hey..." I replied, looking around at her friends.
"What are you guys making?" I ask her.
"Uhm..." she whispered an explanation in my ear.
"That's bullshit." I muttered.
She turned into a massive red panda and I almost fell over.
"Oh my god! That's sick!" I yelled standing up and walking around her.
She transformed back into herself and I grabbed her arms and shook her.

Meilin was really stressed about the whole concert thing. She slightly transformed into her panda form from stress and Miriam told her to just admire some boys for a bit.
"Look at number 12, cute." Miriam rambled.
"Nice calves!" Abby yelled with an over excited expression.
"Are you a triangle cuz you acute!" Mei joked.
I laughed a bit.
"You guys are so weird." Someone said from behind the bleachers. We all peeked underneath the seat to see Tyler leaning up against a pole.
"Hey!" Miriam looked offended.
"Are you spying on us?" Mei asked.
"I wanna talk to you, Lee." He said glancing towards us.
"Forget it." We all turned away from him.
"Fine. Wonder if your Mom knows her precious little, Mei Mei, has been floating the panda all over school." He replied, as a smirk grew on his face. He was picking at his teeth with a toothpick when Mei ran up to him.
"That's none of your business!" She yelled as Tyler screamed and fell to the ground. He dragged himself backwards and pulled out his phone.
"One more step! And I'm telling her everything!" He yelled, looking scared. He held the phone in front of him and stood up.
"Now put that thing away, and hear me out!" He gestures towards her, a defensive look on his face. Mei groaned and stomped her foot on the ground as pink smoke poofed and she returned to normal.
"What do you want?" She gave in.
He sighed and put his phone in his pocket exchanging it with a flyer.
"I wanna throw a sick birthday party. An epic one!" He said holding the poster up, proudly. Mei took the poster and Tyler turned his back to us. Mei looked at us and we shrugged.
"It's this Friday, if your there... everyone will come. Simple as that." Mei stared at the poster, thinking.
"A party?" She asked still a bit confused. Tyler sighed again, hands in his pockets.
"Look, I've done you a favour keeping my mouth shut, all I'm asking for is one back." He finished.
"Hmm... I'll do it...but! It'll cost you one, no! two hundred bucks." She said waving two finger in his face.
"Okay." He agreed shrugging.
"Uh, hold please." Mei said as a tail appeared behind her. She ran back to us. We discussed some things and she leaned down to look at Tyler again. "I'll come, but you only get the panda for an hour." She said to him.
"Deal." Tyler reached his hand up and Mei did the same. They shook hands and he walked away after smiling at me.

I threw my bag onto my bedroom floor and slammed into my bed. I pulled my phone out of my pocket turning it over as I felt an off material. I saw a piece of paper on the back side of my phone. I realised it was the note I never opened from maths this morning. I carefully unfolded it, the rough feel of paper against my finger tips. It looked as if a phone number was written on it. I hummed in acceptance, putting the number into my phone.
(Can we just pretend they had mobile phones?)
I tapped the call button and held the phone to my ear. The noise of dialling finally stopped.
"Hello?" A familiar voice came through.

A/N

Hope you guys like this chapter, posting more today as I got the day off school.

1079 words

Love y'all! 🖕😏