09] ─◌✰್ 'Tis The Season

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───┐
CHAPTER NINE
└─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───┘

Without realizing, November has passed already. It was December now which means that it's the holiday season.

The two Potters had sent a letter to their parents that they're coming home this Christmas. [Y/N]'s extremely excited as for Christmas is her favourite time of the year.

But what she didn't know is that James' friends are coming over on the 25th.

It was the 22nd, meaning that the Hogwarts Express will ride back to King's Cross Station. [Y/N] bid goodbye to her friends and ran over to her parent's embrace.

James did the same, after the brief family reunion, James keenly talked about how awesome his pranks were to Fleamont. Euphemia took her wand out before pointing in to the two's trunk to shrunk them, so it'll be easier to carry.

Since Sirius would rather be a squid than to go back to Grimmauld Place, James had invited him over to the Potters so he doesn't have to go back to his family.

Though [Y/N] found him absurd and annoying, she doesn't have the heart to leave him to his abusive parents knowing that he'll get beaten up everyday.

"Hello Mrs and Mr Potter," Sirius put on his Sirius Black grin, but more of the politeness showing.

"Hello, dear," Euphemia said, she leaned closer to him to hug his figure. She then led the three to the car and they drive home.

Sirius and James scrambled for the radio, turning on the volume so high to sang to some of the songs they knew, [Y/N] joining in once a while. The three voices are ridiculously out of tune, causing the two grown ups to laugh.

"We're here!" Fleamont hit the breaks. Thereupon, stood a large house with growing vines. It was grayish-white with dark gray marble-designed pillars on the front door.

The children hopped off the car, basically ran inside the house. James was first to the door, he swung open the double-doors to their fullest, taking a deep breath of the familiar scent of home he unequivocally adore.

"Home sweet home!" he beamed and flopped down on a dark blue velvet couch that was the nearest to him.

Sirius also did the same, but instead on a different couch, he lied on top of James. "Ouch, Siri! Get off me!"

"But it's so comfortable!" he whined, snuggling his face to James' arms like a puppy.

Lizard hissed from her cat bed. The animal loves her silence and was quite moody and grumpy —except with [Y/N]. Lizzie knows her owner.

"Hi, Liz!" [Y/N] smiled and picked the animal up to her arms. Sirius —who didn't noticed [Y/N]'s cat— yelled. He was scared of cats, as one would guess.

"Stop being so dramatic, Lizard did nothing!" [Y/N] glared daggers at him. She then brought the cat to her lap as she sat down to read a potion's book.

"That creature scratched me not even six months ago!" Sirius yelped and used James as a human shield from the grayish cat that was squinting at him with her sharp cat eyes.

"You have terrible aura, that's why. Right Lizard?" she asked looking down at the cat adoringly. Lizard meowed and purred, resting her body against [Y/N]'s lap.

"Not to mention that monstrosity is named Lizard! I mean who the hell name a cat after a kind of reptile?" Sirius said. He and Lizard seemed to not bond well, they're currently having an on going glaring competition.

"I think Lizzie is quite cute," James shrugged and went over to his sister to pet the cat.

"Even your boyfriend agrees," [Y/N] teased.

"Oh my Jamesie!" Sirius put a hand to his chest.

"Shut up," James growled. "I'm only a boyfriend to Lily."

"In the middle of the night, in your dreams, that's only where you got to be with her," [Y/N] rolled her eyes and went straight to the kitchen, bringing Lizard along to keep Sirius from screaming.

"Dinner will be done soon," Euphemia said with her scenic, warm smile to [Y/N]. She was watching her mother from the counter.

"What'll we have?" she asked.

"Köttbullar," the older woman answered, nodding her head towards the brimming pot fileld with meatballs. [Y/N]'s mouth shaped into an 'o', her conversation with her mother ended as for she's going straight to her room.

The sight was always the same. Clean, neat, and tidy. [Y/N] actually cleaned her bedroom before leaving for school. The young girl sighed, flopping down face-first to her bed.

✩✩✩✩✩

"Dinner's ready!" Euphemia called.

"Coming mum!" [Y/N] sprinted downstairs and sat opposite of James, her mother beside her.

There were five neatly placed plate. The three looked at the food eagerly, wanting to start eating them as fast as lightning. "This is so good!" said Sirius with his mouth full.

"I know right!" James said.

"Thank you, Mrs Potter!" Sirius said to the woman.

"No problem," she smiled.

"We're gonna start decorating after dinner, I'll take our decorations from the garage," Fleamont spoke once he finished his meal.

The rest nodded to finish their food. Now that James and Sirius were full, they could barely move.

"Come on arseholes, let's decorate!" [Y/N] nudged the two's shoulders roughly.

"Language, [Y/N]!" Euphemia pursed her lips and put her hand on her waist.

"You always curse!" Fleamont hit his wife's shoulder as she let out a sigh.

"Right, sorry mum," she grinned before helping Fleamont; putting up the Christmas tree.

Euphemia turned on a Christmas carol using the record player for the three to sung along as they put on the Christmas lights.

"Oh the weather outside is frightful," sung James.

"But the fire is so delightful," Sirius continued.

"Since we've no place to go," [Y/N] joined.

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!" the three chorused at the same time.