21] ─◌✰್ Remus' Top Secret

┌─── ・ 。゚☆:

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───┐
𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐮𝐬' 𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭
└─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───┘

[Y/N] calmly flipped the pages of the book she has been reading with a cup of tea by the coffee table. She lied carelessly on the sofa, her feet resting on top of the arm rest.

Remus and Peter have arrived a few days ago. Fleamont and Euphemia have mountains of works to do and they weren't home for at least a week; therefore, they left the children by themselves.

Once Sirius told [Y/N] to explain what happened that night to James and her parents, they all welcomed him with such warmth and love that Sirius know he won't be getting with his own family.

It was currently midnight and she couldn't get herself to sleep. For some reason, James was on Fleamont's electronic device thing, looking intensely at a moon phase chart website.

It shows when will the moon rises and when the moon will set.

Sirius sat on the carpet, fumbling with the loose thread at the ends on the rug while Peter was anxiously eating ice cream from the freezer.

[Y/N] could sense how gloomy the atmosphere was. The three had informed her that Remus had to go back home for a while because apparently, he forgot to bring something he need.

It was nearly three hours after he went away.

"[Y/N]," James said finally, breaking the uncomfortable silence. "Me, Siri, and Pete have to go, we promise we'll be back. Don't follow us please. C'mon guys."

James spoke in such rush that [Y/N] didn't get the chance to reply. He already left in a hurry with Sirius and Peter, and [Y/N] know better than to follow them.

She didn't know why the three were acting very suspicious. She was extremely worried of course, it probably has something to do with Remus since he wasn't here.

The girl waited in the living room and it was almost an hour or so after they had left. [Y/N] was getting sleepy now, but before she got the chance to relax her eyes; the door creaked open.

There stood, Remus in between James and Sirius with his arms slumped around the two's shoulder. James and Sirius was helping him to walk since, to her, it seemed like he just got beaten up by a Hungarian Horntail. Peter also helped carry Remus' torn clothes and his wand.

"What happened?" she gasped in panic. She also got up so Remus could lie on the sofa since the one she just sat was the largest one.

"It's up to Remus to tell," Sirius said.

"Alright, sit down," James ushered him. "Hey sis, can you please take dad's healing potion from that cabinet?"

[Y/N] nodded and ran to the cabinet as fast as she possibly could. It was such luck that Fleamont is a potioneer; therefore, he has got so many useful potions stored in his cabinet.

She picked every potion that was for medical purposes. [Y/N] also saw how Remus was badly bleeding and injured so she also took some towels and warm water.

"I want to know why the fuck is Remus badly injured while the three of you looked completely unharmed!" she frowned as the four helped him.

"We'll talk about this later," Remus answered, his voice trembling as he gestured to the deep cut on his right arm. He looked like he was about to cry. She never saw this vulnerable side of him.

After he's all mended, [Y/N] asked for the third time that night about what happened out there.

"[Y/N], we can't tell you," Sirius muttered, looking at Remus with a sad expression.

The girl looked at Remus for an answer but he shuffled uncomfortably in his position.

"T'is alright, you don't have to answer me if you don't want to. I'm just worried," declared she and she grabbed his hand to give him some sort of comfort.

"No, I think you have the right to know," he slowly got up to sit, his heart fluttering when he felt her hand clutched around his. "And the right to kick me out and hate me too," he added, smiling half-heartedly.

"Whatever that is, I wont do any of those sorts, trust me. Why would I kick you out anyway?" she said getting impatient by the time.

"Because I'm a werewolf."

The words were said so quietly by him. Fortunately for her, the room was completely silent, consequently, she could hear him as clear as day.

Then a realization struck her like lightning. He'd disappear for three to four days every month, his constant mood swings and injuries, he would look pale like a corpse when it's around the full moon.

"Okay, I want to give you a big bear hug but that would open your cuts again."

She heard the other three sighed in relief which made [Y/N] scoff. "You think I'm going to kick Rem out? Honestly, I'm offended by how low you think of my morals."

"So you're not?" he asked, a small smile of relaxation tugged on his tired face.

"Why would I?"

"Because I'd kick a monster if they were under my roof."

"Well, I'm not going to kick you out."

"Why?"

"Because I have enough empathy to not do that!" said she. She was sad about how much it was a surprise for him to be treated like others. "It's human decency, Remi! And why are all of you three silent?"

"I'm just admiring my new favourite Hogwarts couple," Sirius said in a dreamy tone —far different from what he had earlier. Peter nodded in agreement but James in the other hand, he was rolling his eyes.

"If anything, you and Remus is my one true pair," [Y/N] said, a huff escaping her lips.

"I'd say the same but I think our wolfboy got eyes on-" Peter didn't get the chance to finish his sentence due to Remus slapping his hand on Peter's mouth to shut him up.

"Remus, I know you're a werewolf and all but don't get so violent with Peter here!" she chuckled and earned some laughs from the four also. She was extremely glad that the atmosphere changed and it was back to being the usual again.

"Aw hello Lizzie!" [Y/N] greeted her grayish white cat that walked graciously to the living room.

"Aah! Get away from me!" Sirius screamed and jumped on top of the sofa, holding Remus' shoulder for balance.

"Liz, can you bring this back to the sink? Thanks," said [Y/N], handing the bowl with the towel folded inside before bending down to plant a kiss on the cat's forehead.

"Mummy Merlin! That cat understands us?" Sirius gasped in shock. Lizard was in fact, bringing the bowl and towel to place them on the sink before running to lay on [Y/N]'s lap again.

"Yes, what can I say? She's smart!" [Y/N] grinned down proudly at her purring cat in her lap.