13] ─◌✰್ Library Study

┌─── ・ 。゚☆:

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───┐
𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲
└─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───┘

The next day, things seemed to go surprisingly normal. The Marauders didn't hex anyone, they almost pranked [Y/N] but she was smart enough to notice their chary behavior.

It was now dinner and the students were all packed in the great hall for supper.

James strutted in, sitting as near to Lily as possible; trying to get her attention by doing foolish things.

"Evans, will you go out with me?" James asked with his charming smile. He knew that he'd get rejected but it's worth a shot... right?

"No," replied the redhead stiffly. Stuffing carrots in her mouth for good eye sight.

"Lily, will you go out with me?" [Y/N] asked, sending her a warm smile. Next thing she knew, she's surprised by her answer since she was mostly making fun of her twin.

"Yes, [Y/N], I will go out with you!" Lily replied, taking a bite of her dinner.

"What? How-" James asked in disbelief with his mouth agape.

"Some twin dramas, I'm here for it all," Sirius stated, smirking for no apparent reason.

"Because she clearly likes me more than you; therefore, I'm the better twin!" [Y/N] exclaimed with a triumphant smile.

"Oh shut up, we all know that's a false statement," James mumbled, narrowing his eyes.

Their weird and vacuous conversation continued, and without realizing, dinner's over.

"You guys go, I've got something to do," [Y/N] said once the students were scattered around the hall, leaving their ways here and there.

"Where're you going?" asked Alice.

"To the library, got something to do," she replied casually, walking through the giant double doors.

"Can I come?" Mary asked for she forgot to return a book she borrowed a few weeks back.

"Well yes, but I'll be meeting someone," [Y/N] answered. For some reason, she didn't feel necessary to mention the name.

"Meeting who?" Lily spoke with an amused look. Dorcas, on the other hand, have a slight clue on who she'll be meeting.

"Don't tell my brother. Louis Fenwick. He's a Ravenclaw and asked me to help him with transfigurations. And in exchange, he'll teach me history."

"Awe our [Y/N] is meeting a boy tonight! Please tell me the whole story!" Lily teased.

"The story is: I meet him in the library. Explain whatever he'll ask about transfiguration and he'll do the same to me, then I went back to our shared dorm and fall asleep. End of story," [Y/N] scoffed as she rolled her eyes.

"I was sort if expecting it to be more spicy," Dorcas stated jokingly, shrugging her shoulders with a look.

"I'm too young to worry about boys," [Y/N] said; rolling her eyes at the word 'boys' "I have to go now, see you!"

She took a turn to the left and head her way towards the library. "Hi, Louis," said she as she set her books down on the table he was sitting at.

"Hi," Louis smiled softly and continued, "I thought you forgot about our study session," he admitted.

"I'm really sorry," said she. "Now that I'm here, where do you want to start?"

"Er- Professor McGonagall has been teaching us about the flower bouquet charm, I wasn't exactly listening," he admitted shyly.

This boy always gets embarrassed over little things [Y/N] thought. "Let me find the incantation here," she said; flipping the book she got as a present for Christmas from Lily. "Orchideous is the spell."

"Thanks," he said, writing it down on his parchment.

"The hand movement is like this," she swished her wand in midair while saying the incantation as quietly as possible to prevent being scolded by Madam Pince.

A soft pink light escaped [Y/N]'s wand and light pink peonies appeared on their table. [Y/N] was surprised that she did it on her first try. "Your turn, remember the hand movement."

Louis nodded and performed the spell but it didn't work. He chuckled in embarrassment before looking up at her.

"Your hand movement is not exactly correct starting from the bottom —not the side, draw a circle, then flick it down," she said. "Nice job though," she gave him an encouraging nod.

"Alright," Louis sent her a swift smile before casting it again. He successfully did it in the second try, blue tulips appeared in front of the two.

"You've got it!" [Y/N] congratulated him quietly.

"How to vanish it?"

"Evanesco," [Y/N] said as she created a zigzag line horizontally. The two bouquets of flowers vanished in a blink if an eye. "Try vanishing this piece of paper."

Louis did it and was beyond grateful for her help, he actually wanted to see her but receiving help was a bonus to him. He asked her on how to make the object reappeared again and so on.

"What do you need help with history?" he asked kindly, watching [Y/N] as she rummaged her bag.

She then told him what she didn't understand and he helped her perfectly. They're like a symbiosis mutualism, as a biologist would classify.

On the other side of the closed wall, Remus walked to the library to get some work done since the others were too loud. James, Sirius, and Peter were discussing over their new pranks and Remus couldn't manage to focus.

The caramel-coloured hair boy entered the library, he searched for an empty table to sit and from the corner of his eyes, he saw [Y/N] with that Ravenclaw from halloween party; sitting opposite of each other.

Remus didn't know exactly what the feeling that suddenly erupted in his stomach was. He sighed, sparing a last glance before turning the other way to left the library.

"Orchideous," Louis said once their study session was done. Blue tulips appeared again. "Here's for you, as a thanks for helping me," he answered, handing her the flowers.

"Thank you," she smiled as she accepted the flowers, a red tint appeared in her face.

They said their goodbyes and made their way to each of their dorms. [Y/N] sighed in frustration knowing that the girls would interrogate her once they saw the blue tulips in her hand.