10] ─◌✰್ Christmas Arrivals

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───┐
CHAPTER TEN
└─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───┘

Outside the house was dark and cold. Thankfully, Euphemia had put up enchantments around the house to keep it warm. If she didn't, it was sure they'd freeze to death.

The Christmas lights that the five put up the previous night could be seen through the thick layers of snow. It made the snows look colorful.

"It's Christmas!" Sirius shouted as he made his way to the first floor from the guest' room.

James woke up with a start and slammed his door open to go down stairs. "It's Christmas! Merry Christmas, Siri!"

"Where the hell is your sister! Let's wake her up!" Sirius beamed before dragging James' arm to go to her room.

"[Y/N] WAKE UP IT'S CHRISTMAS!" James knocked on his sister's door rather harshly.

When she didn't seem to reply, he went in and jumped instantly on her bed, Sirius too.

"Wake up sleepyhead, it's Christmas!" Sirius yelled in her ears, pulling her bedcovers off of her.

"Shut up, let me sleep. It's still Christmas in forty minutes," she grumbled at her pillow, her hands roamed for her bedcover that was previously pulled rudely by Sirius, but unfortunately, her hands couldn't seem to find it.

"Wake up sissy, don't you want presents?" James shook her shoulder roughly in an attempt to get her up.

Lizard meowed from her cat bed that was right beside [Y/N]'s, she then tackled Sirius's leg, knowing that he's scared of her.

"Get lost, you bloody cat!" he screamed, kicking his right leg that Lizard was just on.

"Don't touch my cat you, bloody moron!" [Y/N] jumped to her feet before picking up her cat, "Are you okay, Liz?" asked she.

Lizard let out a melancholic 'meow' as the animal narrowed her sharp cat eyes to Sirius and James.

"Let's open our presents," James cheered excitedly, sprinting down to the Christmas tree that was placed in the living room. Sirius made a face at Lizard before following James downstairs.

[Y/N] also went down, Lizard clinging to her pajamas as she walked down the steps.

"I'm surprised [Y/N] didn't kill you two," Fleamont said before he gulped down his morning coffee.

"We heard the shouting and I'm not even going to ask what happened," Euphemia chuckled as she walked towards the kitchen.

[Y/N] scoffed, placing down Lizard to the couch to head to the cabinet where the cat foods were. She gave her Norwegian Forest cat her breakfast and went to join in James and Sirius in opening their presents.

She got a book of spells from Lily; Ariana gave her a friendship bracelet with a cat pendant, she said she got the same one but hers was a rabbit; Alana gave her Christmas cookies that were clearly hand made; she got a knitted scarf from Dorcas, it was in the colour of deep red; Alice gifted her a cookbook; A butterfly night lamp that can fly around from Mary.

Her parents gave her lots of clothing and James gave her a book: Les Misérables.

[Y/N] gave James new quidditch gears in which he gave his little sister a bone-crushing hug.

"No presents for me?" Sirius questioned with his arms crossed over his chest as well as a fake pout.

[Y/N] walked over to him to give him a swift hug. "That's my present for you."

"That doesn't count!" he gasped.

Then a moment later the doorbell rang, its sound piercing throughout the house.

"Mum didn't say there were any guests coming?" [Y/N] frowned in confusion, looking over her parents. She didn't get a reply, instead, James and Sirius have a grin that [Y/N] knows it's nothing good.

"They're here!" James and Sirius jumped up to their feet. The two ran to the door in such speed like a child in a toy store.

As James opened the door, there stood, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew. She gasped in disbelief. The poor girl really thought that she's going to have a peaceful Christmas, but no.

"Hey, Remi and Pete!" Sirius and James bowed down jokingly as they opened their arms to the side to let them in.

"What are you doing in my house?" [Y/N]'s jaw dropped; she was glaring at the two, mostly Remus.

"Surprise! Happy Christmas, [Y/N]!" Remus said happily, a stupid grin plastered on his face.

"Happy Christmas, Peter," [Y/N] ignored the dark blonde boy completely, sending a fake smile to Peter.

"Happy Christmas," Peter replied. [Y/N] then picked up Lizard and her presents before going to her room.

Remus did feel disappointed when she wished Peter instead of him. He knew that he does get on her nerves sometimes but Peter's not any better!

"Why does your sister hates me?" Remus scrunched his nose, taking off his jacket.

"She hates me even more. Even Lizard, her damn troll of a cat hates me!" Sirius shook his head as the four sat down on the couch.

"Who would ever name a cat Lizard?" Remus laughed.

"Apparently [Y/N] does," Peter shrugged. And right at that moment, a grayish Norwegian Forest cat did her flawless cat walk to the living room, curling herself onto James' lap.

"Hello, Lizzie," James stroked her soft fur, scratching behind its ears.

Lizard purred but instantly hissed at Sirius who was trying to pet her. "See what I mean? I barely even touch this ugly fat cat and she hissed at me already," Sirius stuck his tongue out at the cat.

"That is cat shaming, Siri," Remus said. At his words, Lizard looked up at him and hopped down, snuggling her body to Remus' feet. "Aw she likes me then."

"How-?" Sirius looked at him in shock. Lizard even let Peter pet her. Remus picked up the animal in order to placed it on the couch beside him.

"Don't touch my cat!" [Y/N] glared at Peter and Remus. The animal seemed to sense her owner's annoyance, she immediately bit Remus and Peter's fingers, acting like she wasn't enjoying their touch.