Chapter 10

~Catarina's POV~

It was just your average day at the hospital. Manic as ever with all kinds of people coming through the doors, Warlocks, Werewolves, Vampires but the most shocking person to see come through those doors on this already busy shift was none other than Alec, looking as rough as he possibly could. He had definitely seen better days. He looked run down in the nicest way possible. I immediately ran over to him and met him in the middle, Something was definitely off, the way he was slumped over and the way his foot dragged as he was walking told me that he was either really badly hurt or just in a bad way.  

"Oh my angel Alec, what happened to you. Are you okay?" I asked him. "Yeah Cat I'm alright I guess just tired." He responded. "Here follow me" I say gently leading him to a vacant private room to assess him. "Does anyone know your here" I asked, "No. No one does, none of them can know that I came here. Especially Izzy or Magnus." This made me suspisious of him. "Why Alec, Whats going on. Why don't you want Magnus to know, I thought you guys had been getting along well." It was true. Last I had heard from Magnus he had been helping Alec and Clary get along with each other. "Yeah we were until I got engaged." 

I had heard from Magnus about this engagment and how it had cause a shift in the whole group. "Ok so what is the reason for your visit today then Alec. Why have you come to see me?" I might as well get right to the point, find out why he's here. "I need you to put me under a spell to help me sleep." "Alec why? have you not been sleeping?" I asked. "No. I haven't" this shocked me. Did Magnus not pick up on this. How could he not pick up on this. "Ok how much sleep have you been getting. How many hours have you had sleep." I asked. "About 8 hours." He replied. " that's good. I assume that's per night right?" I clarified. "Uhh no. That's in the last month. 8 hours of sleep for the whole month." He said whilst avoiding eye contact. 

"Ok Alec. Now have you been getting any panic attacks, have you been more irritated than usual, have you had any poor concentration, any lack of energy?" I asked. "Uh yeah.. All of the above." this is not good. "Alright Alec, I need you to do me a favour, I need you to close your eyes." I said "Ok why?" He asked "Because it's going to help me put you to sleep, you are extremely sleep deprived and if you don't get some sleep soon It won't be good."

Alec closed his eyes and I put him to sleep. That should keep him out for a day or two. How none of the gang will realise will amaze me. I left him to check on some of my other patients. 

MEANWHILE BACK AT THE INSTITUTION

~Izzy's POV~

"ALEC I SWEAR BY THE ANGEL THIS ISN'T FUNNY OK." I shout "ALEC" This boy is in so much trouble. Left yesterday and is yet to come back. I thought he had snuck back into the institute without anyone realising. I walked into his room and low and behold no Alec. Where is this boy I thought to myself. Next thing to do is ask Jace. "JACE! JACE! JACE!" I shout walking towards his room. I walk into his room and hes asleep in his bed. Not for much longer hes not. 

I get up close to him and get close to his ear "JACE YOUR MIRROR HAS BROKEN" I shout in his ear, Well I've never quite seen anyone jump quite as high as Jace did. "Come on Iz was that really necessary" he whines, "Yes Jace I think it is especially when Alec has gone out and doesn't return 24 hours later So yes Jace it was necessary" I explained hoping that it would sink in, the news soon got him up and moving. 

We looked and asked near enough everybody we knew accept our parents and Lydia because we don't need more people thinking that this is the best idea and more suitable. There was only 2 people left to ask, Magnus and Stiles. We asked Stiles first because he was the last person to see him so he may have known where he went, but it was no luck. Our last option is Magnus before we use the tracking rune. 

"Hey Magnus, got a question for you?" I asked with Jace stood beside me. "Whats up?" "Well we were wondering if you knew where Alec was, he went out yesterday and hasn't been back since and it's been 24 hours so if you know where he is we would really like to know so I can go yell at him" and his response his actual response was "Oh poor Alexander I do hope hes alright but I haven't seen him" that was it the audacity, I know him and Alec haven't been getting along since the whole Stiles and Lydia thing but seriously. "Well do you think you could ask around please" and he said yes. 

~Jace's POV~

I don't understand I really don't Alec is fine hes okay I would know if he wasn't I would feel it at the least but I haven't felt any pain or anything through our bond. "Iz I don't think he's hurt, I haven't felt anything through our bond pain wise, the only thing I felt was a bit of weight lifted off yesterday" 

We couldn't wait any longer so I tracked him through our rune, It lead us to the hospital which concerned us, why was Alec here. Of all places he could of been this was it. It made no sense. We went inside and saw Cat at the front desk. "Hey Cat, can we have a word please"  We ask she whispers something to her coworker and comes over to us "Of course guys, how can I help you" She asks "We are looking for Alec he hasn't come back for 24 hours which is really unlike him and we tracked him here through my rune because we had no other ideas or options so we were hoping you had seen him or knew where he was" I say for both me and Izzy. 

" I've seen him yes but unfortunately I can't tell you where he is or anything as he promised me not to I really am sorry but I have to get back to work." She said and Izzy spoke "No I don't htink you quite understand Cat he's not been back for 24 hours we have heard nothing from him we have no idea if hes even ok and you are going to stand here tell us where he is and that you have seen him but can't tell us anything. Personally I'm not okay with that and I think your suppose to inform people if you have seen thier loved ones so they don't go on a man hunt to try and find him. Now would you please tell me where my brother is so I can clip him across the ear. Thank you!" wow that was a mouthful and a half. 

"Again I get that, I really do but I can't tell you anything at this time Izzy, I will call you when I know more from him ok, untill then I am going to have to ask you to let me do my job and I will call you okay?" She explained "And please don't use your runes in here, this is a hospital If I catch you using them I will block them am I clear" She said and we both nod. There was no reason not to trust Cat. So we wait......

Kind of........

~~~~~~

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated much been a few rough days and was away last week but I am back now. Do you want Izzy to find  Alec or Catarina to tell them? Let me know. Enjoy.