CHAPTER 4

P.O.V. Madison

- Madison? - I heard a voice next to me and, as I recognized to whom it belonged, I felt my body freeze.

- Hi Jonathan... - I said, turning and looking at him - How are you? - I tried to sound nice.

- Ah, just fine I guess... - he replied - I didn't expect to see you here.

- Well, I'm like always here, so you are the real "outsider" here. - I said with a smirk.

- Yeah, like, I didn't know the place cause it's new, looks like it opened between the two years I spent away studying. My friends who brought me here told me it was the "freaks pub" in town, maybe that's why I didn't expect to see you here? - He ended his explanation with kind of a question for me.

- I have my reasons for coming to this place - I replied, but I didn't want to give details about it, maybe Jon wasn't a reliable person - I like the places frequented by such "freaks", maybe I'm one too, who knows...

I smirked and noticed Jonathan chuckling too.

- Well, there are only two possible options: so you come here because they sell weed straight from the counter or you come here at the cops behest to investigate the sale of weed straight from the counter. - he joked.

- I'm not a weed user, nothing against it, on the contrary, but it just doesn't work the right way with me... Even so, I certainly wouldn't be here obeying orders of the fucking police.

- Shit... - Jonathan chuckled looking at me - Your motives seem better than I could've imagined.

- They certainly are. - I mocked with a snicker.

He tittered, glancing me over from head to toe, which made me a little nervous.

- By the way, nice shirt. - Jonathan said, referring to my Alice in Chains T-shirt.

- Thanks, it's one of my favorites... - I replied.

- Are you alone here? - he asked, looking a little concerned.

- No, I'm with some friends. - I said, nodding in the direction of the table where my friends were sitting, I didn't want to call their attention because I just didn't want to be seen talking to Jon.

- Are those two guys over there your friends? - He asked me, referring to the boys I had just met, Thomas and Edward.

- Oh, actually I just met them, so I can't say much.

- Those guys are two jerks, they were in my high school class. They certainly weren't the worst ones, but I don't like them - Jon said and looked back at me - Sorry, I don't want to curse your friends or some shit like that, I just blurted about it, wasn't my intention.

- Oh, that's okay... Actually, just between ourselves, I didn't like them very much. - I assumed.

- Well, I guess I have to get back to the table, my friends are calling me, these suckers. - said the boy, looking at his friends that were making some obscene signs at him - See you later, Madison.

- Mad, call me Mad, that's how people know me around here. - I said - Goodbye, Mr. Jonathan Davis - I mocked, smirking at his reaction.

I finished drinking my beer and took the opportunity to order another one. After that, I went back to the table where my friends were.

- Girl you took so long! I couldn't see you from here. - my friend Natty said, staring at me.

- Sorry, I went to the bathroom before getting this beer. - I lied to her again.