CHAPTER 6

Author's Notes: Sorry for being so bad with slangs and the verbiage that you young English-speaking fellas speak (*contains irony*). I hope you're enjoying it. Feel free to comment and interact <3

P.O.V. Madison

Fieldy parked in front of a house, I knew that neighborhood wasn't very safe, but they looked pretty confident even though it was late at night. I looked around and saw that street illuminated by yellow streetlamps, some of them were burned, leaving parts of the street plunged into the dark of night; most of the walls had graffiti and there was no one else there but the four of us.

Jonathan opened the door and we walked in, at that moment I started to feel very nervous, afraid of something that could happen. I moved a little away from the three and stared at them, waiting for someone to say something. As soon as Jon locked the door from the inside, he turned to the three of us, who were completely silent.

- What? Are you guys waiting for my permission to speak? You are authorized, you can open your mouths now.

- Thanks for the shit authorization - Fieldy replied - Anyone there want weed, the lil green, infamous marijuana?

- Hell yeah, gimme that shit. - Head accepted, heading towards the sofa to sit with his friend.

Fieldy took a pretty rolled blunt out of his wallet, it didn't seem to be of the lowest quality, in fact it was quite acceptable for its color and shape.

- This shit is poisonous, you'll see. - he said, lighting the joint and blowing thick white smoke from his mouth.

- Didn't even cough? Damn, that stuff must be really good. Where did you get that shit without selling a kidney? - asked Head, taking the stick for a drag.

- It's top secret bro, but this one isn't the purest yet, I've smoked much better stuff with some kids out there.

Head offered the joint to Jonathan, who seems to have considered for a moment whether he should take it or not, but eventually accepts and takes a deep drag on the smoke, holding his breath for a few seconds.

- You smoke? - Jon asked, getting close to me, offering me the blunt cigarette - You said you didn't like it very much, right?

- I feel a little weird when I smoke... - I replied.

- And who doesn't? - Head asked, chuckling, already slightly altered.

It wasn't exactly that kind of "weird" I was referring to, but I didn't say anything else. That night was already being kind of shit, if it got worse it wouldn't make much difference... With that thought in my head, I reached over and took the joint Jon offered me, taking a small drag to make sure it didn't fuck up my throat. It was really smooth, so I took a longer drag, holding the smoke for a few seconds and passing the stick back to Fieldy. The cigarette passed from hand to hand, coming back to me again, but this time I refused, one good drag was enough, I didn't want to get too messed up.

As soon as the joint was halfway through, Fieldy put it out.

- Did it hit? - he asked, sniggering.

- Pretty well... - Jonathan replied, in a low tone of voice - I can see that I'm not going to sleep soon.

- Hey, get us some food over there, Jon. - Head said with a smirk.

- Get it yourself, you fucker. - he replied - I have to fettle the room for the girl sleep before this shit blunt hits harder.

Saying that he asked me to follow him, heading towards one of the doors that led to the living room.

- I'm going to change the sheets, I don't want you to sleep in that - he said, pointing to the messy bed. I'd expected a messier room for such a weird guy, but despite the clothes piled in a corner and a few shoes strewn across the floor, the place was quite acceptable. Some guys were really gross, leaving food wrappers in the room and clothes scattered all over the place. I watched him change the bedding, it was like a double bed, but smaller, at least it seemed comfortable. I was so entertained watching him focused on making the bed that I didn't realize until a while later that I was staring too much.

- Okay, I think it's better now. - He said, walking to the door - Look, the key is from the inside, in case you want to lock the room.

- Okay. - I replied, staying silent for a few seconds cause I didn't know what to say - Thank you for letting me sleep here.

- It was nothing, I know how shitty it is having to dodge assholes...

We went back to the living room, where Head and Fieldy were talking loudly and laughing their ass off. After a while, they decided to go rummage around the kitchen for something to eat, leaving Jonathan and I alone in the living room.

- Hey look, you can go to sleep whenever you want, I promise we won't make too much noise. - he spoke to me.

- Oh, okay, thanks, but I don't know if I'm going to sleep right now, don't worry. - I smiled.

P.O.V. Jonathan

Madison seemed like a nice person, it sucked that she had to go through situations like today, even so she faced the guy and put him in his place. When I was younger and studying with Thomas I didn't have the courage to fight the motherfuckers who treated me badly because if I did I'd end up getting beaten up. My eye was caught by a movement, it was Mad sitting on the couch untying her shoelaces and taking off her shoe. She grabbed the pair of sneakers and her backpack off the couch and took them to my room where she would sleep, closing the door. When she left the room, Mad was wearing Hello Kitty pajamas, it was a set of shorts and a pink blouse, with the character's faces printed, contrasting with her dark makeup still present on her face. That outfit left her body more exposed and I couldn't ignore it, she seemed to have soft skin, it made me want to touch her. Something I don't like when I smoke weed is (plus the thirst that doesn't go away) the fact that my body becomes more sensitive. Any pain seems stronger and I'm even aware of the feeling of the couch I'm sitting on touching me, anyway, it's pretty weird, but it's kind of normal, some other people feel it too. Madison walked over and sat on the other couch, where she was before, next to which I was sitting. With the proximity I could see more clearly her shoulders, her neck, her face, she had very beautiful lips, they seemed even softer than her skin. I started to feel something in my body, and since I was a little stoned, the feeling soon increased. I grabbed a pillow, trying to hide it, but I ended up catching Mad's attention, who turned to the side and faced me.

- Aren't you hungry? - I asked, trying to distract her.

- Not much, just a little thirsty. - she replied. I took the cue to get up and go to the kitchen, saying I would get her a glass of water. Upon arriving in the room, I found Fieldy and Head detonating two sandwiches each, they mixed jam with cheese, tomato, ham and who knows what else inside the bread and ate this thing. As soon as I entered the kitchen they looked at me as I went to the cupboard to get a clean glass, I was kind of absent-minded, still thinking about Madison's features that I'd noticed, maybe I was needy, it's been several months since I've barely touched a girl. All the women my age knew my fame in town, they thought I was gay or that I had AIDS or that I was a corpse abuser, thanks to the bullshit rumors they spread about me in high school, now seeing a girl funny, polite and that didn't think I was shit I was feeling that way. It's not like she wasn't pretty, but she had this kind of intimidating aura, she looked like she was going to scold me or hit me, but I kinda liked that.

- Do you need help down there, bro? - Head asked snickering.

I looked at him and Fieldy, who also seemed to find the situation comic.

- Damn Jonathan, there's only two possibilities - Fieldy said, lowering his voice a little so he wouldn't be heard by Mad in the other room - The girl lifted her shirt to you and showed up her tiddies, or you're too thrilled. - he said, referring to the visible bulge in my pants.

- Really... fuck you Fieldy. - I replied, embarrassed by the situation.

- Looks like I'm not the one who needs to be fucked here... - he scoffed.

I took the glass, filling it with water and took a deep breath, waiting for the volume to go down so I could go back to the living room, meanwhile Head and Fieldy were sniggering and making jokes about the situation. I went back to the couch and handed the water to Madison, who drank it all at once.

- Do you want more? - I asked her, twisting my hair because I was still kind of nervous.

- No, but I think I'll go to bed, changed my mind...

- Okay, if you need anything just call me. - I added.

- Good night... and thanks again. - She said getting up and going to the bedroom. She closed the door and I could hear the click of the latch.