CHAPTER 7

A/n: It's a long chapter, but I think you'll like it, believe me lol

P.O.V. Madison

It took me a long time to sleep, I spent at least an hour and a half tossing and turning in bed trying to digest everything that had happened that day, it was difficult to sleep in a "stranger's" house, in a room I've never been before, even more so after drinking and smoking pot. The reality is that drinks make me electric, more electric than I already am, I wasn't drunk but it was nearly impossible to sleep with the alcohol in my blood and those thoughts in my head. I tried to push them away as much as I could, but they came obsessively, literally, having ADHD isn't for everyone, it's almost impossible not to think about the same things over and over again and not feel guilty. My palpitations were racing, and when I finally felt calmer, I felt a twinge in my chest again, so I hugged my pillow and forced myself to take several deep breaths until I fell asleep. Unfortunately my sleep didn't last long, I don't know how long I slept, maybe an hour, at most two, and I woke up again with strong palpitations. I was sweaty and thirsty, but didn't know if I should leave the room, as I was still a little afraid of being there. I had to leave anyway cause I was feeling really thirsty and wouldn't sleep like that even if I tried very hard. I got up from the bed and opened the bedroom door slowly, stepping out lightly, as I didn't want to make any noise and end up waking someone up. I noticed that the kitchen light was on and I wondered if the guys were still awake, but I was surprised at the silence in which the house was, they couldn't be as silent as I had noticed. Stepping out the bedroom, walking through the house, I could see a form in the kitchen leaning against the counter, arms crossed, facing the floor. It was Jonathan, lost in his own thoughts. I felt my face burn as I realized he was shirtless, dressed only in pajama shorts; it's not like I've never seen a shirtless guy, but maybe I liked what I saw, more than I usually do. I didn't want to intrude on his moment, so I took a deep breath and decided to speak up so he would know I was coming in there.

- Hi... - I let out shyly - Are ya feeling sick?

- Oh - he said, coming out of his own thoughts - No, I'm not... What are you doing here?

I felt my face start to burn again and looked away.

- I woke up, kinda anxious... So I came to drink some water.

- And you? Are you feeling sick?

- No, not exactly... Actually, that's what I meant when I said that weed made me a little "weird", I get a little too anxious, my head doesn't stop, instead of feeling relaxed I just can't sleep, I keep waking up during the night.

- I understand, I also find it difficult to sleep high, but I'm here because I had a nightmare - he said and I looked at him with a worried look - No big deal, I mean, it's normal, I always have nightmares.

- It must be fucking awful. Sometimes my dreams aren't good, they don't even become nightmares, but it makes me not want to sleep so I don't dream, I've gone days without sleeping properly... - I told Jonathan.

- What do you dream about? - Asked him, staying silent for a few seconds - You don't need to talk if it's something personal or, I don't know, it causes you bad dreams again...

- The problem is not talking, I think... It's just that some people don't understand and even get disgusted or even angry.

- I don't disregard people's suffering, I could never do that. -he said in a low tone, looking down for a moment.

- Uhm, well, basically I dream about my family... - I told him, vaguely.

- So we have something in common... My nightmares also involve my family. - said Jon.