¹¹ violet pt.2 ¹¹

I still wanna be your favorite boy
I wanna be the one that makes your day
The one you think about as you lie awake

*xxx*

Mike's Pov

"Oh... shit."

Will had just finished retelling last night events to Mike. Well, as much as he could, stumbling over his soft words in the process. Mike had taken this time to get closer to Will, pulling him into what was almost a hug, trying his best to comfort the other guy.

"Will, I'm so, so sorry. It must've been terrifying..." "It was," he answers Mike, "it feels like I was just getting myself together. With you and the rest of party, I could actually be myself. Then he shows up, doesn't even lay a hand on me, just fucking leaves but I still can't stop shaking..."
Mike took a moment and reached for Will's now trembling hand, delicately rubbing his thumb along the back of it. "Will, it's okay. You're safe now and I won't let anything bad happen to you. I know I can't promise that, but I can promise that I'll always be there for you. Me and all of our other amazing friends. You're not alone anymore."

Finally, Mike began to see some change in his crush's spirit. A soft smile rising to Will's face and his hazel eyes finally looking up to meet taller boy's own.
"Thanks Mike. I'm happy to have met someone as amazing as you. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared but I'm going to fight. Fight to be happy." He said, finally opening up and letting Mike in for a real hug.

The two stayed that way for a while. Tangled in each other's arms, on the floor, in the corner of the Byers' living room. Their embrace was gentle but firm, neither wanting to let go first. Will gently nuzzling his head on top of Mike's shoulder. Mike leaning his head on top of the other's. Their sweet moment interrupted by a loud "OH SHIT-" from Will.

Mike recoiled and groaned from the harsh sound yelled directly into his left ear. "Oh I'm sorry. It's just that... I just remembered your note. I was supposed to come see you..."
"O-oh right..." Mike's normally pale cheeks flushing a bright hue of red and violet. Realizing that Will actually saw his note was a bit embarrassing. Trying to keep his cool he could only respond with a muffled "it's okay."

"No it's not okay. This always happens I have something good happen in my life and I mess it up." Mike turned gathered himself, ready to yell at Will, but let him continue. "I was so happy when I read it... but the whole things ruined now and it's all because I'm so dumb-"
"Yeah! You are dumb!" Mike interrupts.

"Wait... what?" Will questioned the unexpected response.

"You're dumb, stinky and... I think you owe me something..." He says, trying to hide the grin rising to his face. "Mike... what are you plotting?" Will asked, confused.
"Plotting!?" He replies, with a gasp and fake offended tone. "I'm not some super villain. I just think you should find a way to make it up to me..." He says, faking a pouty face. "You know, I woke up really early today too..."

"Alright, alright," Will gives in, "How exactly do you want me to make it up to you?"
"We'll it's up to you come up with something! My poor heart when I realized you weren't gonna show up-"
"Okay! I get it, drama queen. Gosh." Will smirked at Mike's horrible acting. Deciding to pity him and actually liking the opportunity to do something nice for his- friend, Will takes a moment to come up with something.

"Okay, come with me." He says as he rises, grabbing Mike's hand and practically dragging down the hall and into his room.

Once inside, Will seats Mike on his bed as he runs to the corner of the room and seems to start gathering stuff. Mike, unsure about what Will's intention here is, feels like he has to speak up. His face begins to heat up as he tries to get the awkward words out his mouth. "Um Will... This isn't really what I meant-"
"Shh!"