⁹ blue ⁹

Feelings you provide
I know, I know

warnings- verbal abuse

*xxx*
Will's Pov

It was 8:52 pm when Will entered his house. It was silent and dark, of course, with his mother being away for tonight, working in another city. However, instead of feeling cold and alone like he normally would after entering his vacant home, he felt warm and loved. He just had the greatest friday evening with Mike and those hugs and kisses they shared, were still possessing his body.

That long hug they shared right before Mike rode off was the cherry on top. Will could still feel Mike's heat and pressure on his skin as he slowly removed his light blue hoodie. As he laid it down on his flower patterned sheets, a folded piece of paper fell out of the pocket. A piece of paper that Will was certain he never put there.

He slowly took the wrinkly paper into his hands and begun to open it. Any suspicion he previously had, left his mind when he saw Mike's sloppy handwriting. A smile instantly rose to his face.

~n~

Dear William,
If you actually got this, that's means we had a great day together! Well I always have a great day when I'm with you. I didn't mean to s̶a̶y̶ write that. Look, it took me a while to understand what I was feeling and it was unfair to you, so I get if your mad but - I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶ a̶n̶n̶o̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶u̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶f̶i̶s̶h̶n̶e̶s̶s - I really feel something when I'm with you. I wanna make up for everything and keep correcting my mistakes so...

William, meet me at the park at sunrise?

p.s sorry i'm so messy
oh also it's mike, by the way :)

~n~

After reading that worn out piece of paper, over and over, Will's legs finally gave out and he fell back into his bed. He was giggling at the words Mike had crossed out, still being able to read them, a wide grin going a across his face as his cheeks turned bright pink. He could do nothing but smile and keep holding the note on his chest. It felt too good to be true, like things were finally going his way... like if he let go now, the note would vanish into thin air.

But it was real. Mike meant the words he had sloppily written down just for Will. It was just hard to believe after all this time, that someone besides his mom actually wanted him... actually cared.

As he shut his eyes, he found himself unable to think of anything else. Unable to think of anything but his date tomorrow morning.
Unable to think of anything but "Michael Wheeler." He said, yawning loudly and falling asleep-

Thuds and banging on his front door woke Will up out of his sleep. Disoriented, he slowly crawled off of his bed and dragged his body down the hall and to his door. The knocks sounded... panicked? No... angry.

The confused teen looked up at a nearby clock in his living room, to see it reading 11:13pm. A little too early for his mom to be coming home, not like she was in town anyways. He called out at the door "Hello?" and the knocks stopped suddenly but there was no response. He looked through the window on the door but was unable to see anyone. In what was probably the poor judgement of his sleepy brain, Will decided to open the door just to peek, when it was forced all the way open.

Will couldn't move.

He stared, frozen, at the tall figure in front of him. He felt the hairs on the back of his neck standing up. A cold sensation ran all the way up through Will's body. He stammered trying to get a word out. In a weak voice he mumbled,

"Father?"

Lonnie Byers was here. Standing at the front of Will's home.

"Move out the damn doorway boy."

Struggling to grasp the reality in front of him Will slowly backed away. His father, his abuser, the man he thought he got away from, was now inside his house. In an effort to fight the growing anxiety inside of him, Will grabbed onto the arm of the man who was now trying to freely explore his home.

Lonnie just shook Will off his arm. Will stumbled backwards almost falling onto the living room floor. "What the fuck are you doing boy?!" Lonnie yelled. Will stammered and mumbled, "what are you doing here?" Lonnie started laughing. "Oh you're a fighter now? Is that it? Maybe if you fought back more back then, your mother wouldn't have had to take half your punishment."

In that moment, Will hesitated. It felt like all the guilt he had was flooding back to him. "Please just go... please" Will begged, watching his father explore his house. Lonnie stopped what he was doing and turned around to face his son.
"What's with that look? Are you not happy to see me?"

Will didn't respond, immediately breaking eye contact with his father and just looking at the floor in front of him. "I had to go through alot to find you guys. Then I had to take a long ass bus ride over the border, just to come to this weird freak town and see you! I feel like you should be a bit more appreciative of me." Lonnie spoke with a proud tone to his voice. "Go on, give me one of those fruity ass smiles of yours." He said, slowly moving closer to the boy.

In that moment, Will felt like all the progress he'd made trusting people again and feeling loved... broke. He was back to where he was a couple months ago. Scared, afraid and with his father towering over him.
As his dad got closer he felt more and more dizzy. Will fell back onto his arms and crawled back into the corner of the room. He tucked his head between his legs, wrapped his arms around his body and just... waited. Bracing for what would come next.

But nothing came.

"Haha... Wow, what happened to you? I don't remember raising such a pussy," Lonnie laughed a bit. "Whatever, I guess your mother's not home so I'll be taking what's mine and getting out of here. Okay?"

Will couldn't bare to look up. He just listened as his father walked into his mother's room and rummaged through her things.
By the second, the feeling in his chest was getting more and more tight. Before he knew it, Will passed out right here in the corner of the room.

*xxx*

I'm back!
Hey, it's literally been 2 years since I've been on here, but I came back and saw new people are still reading. I'm honor of season 4 getting released, and seeing as I had some chapters written, I decided I'd atleast finish the story for whoever finds it in the future. It's almost done so here we go!

:)
please don't be too mad at me, posting next chapter tomorrow >.<

~1100 words